Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Searching the ASX

Reactions
Hey everyone, I'm a new stocks investor. Started with my SMSF and now just started my own private portfolio.

I have a goal to search all stocks and sort by Price (don't care if it's last, close etc.) I just want to review stocks by each GICS indistry group and sort from currently cheapest to dearest. So without judgement on why I want to do this, keeping away from opinions on investment methodologies.... how do I search the damn market!!!???

I use the ComSec app and website as that's my trading platform but can't see how to achieve this. Also the ASX website has a basic search but only returns 10 results at one time! Yahoo finance also doesn't seem to allow this.

Is there a website, software for PC, Mac or an App for iPhone/iPad that any of you use???

Reactions
Thanks for the quick response! Almost, I might consider purchasing that one but it doesn't give me that much flexibility on looking at the price I want, mostly LAST, but CLOSE will work if that's all I can get access too.

Reactions
Thanks, I think I just found what i was looking for though CommSec, they have a "End of Day Prices" function that i can export all the market into a CSV and other stock market charting software formats. Whilst it's missing the industry groups, I can keep that in a seperate sheet that I VLOOKUP and cross populate for the manipulation I want.

For the benefit of others that might find this thread in the future: https://www2.commsec.com.au/Private/Charts/EndOfDayPrices.aspx (only works for registered users).

Thanks to those who offered suggestions to a newbie!!! Much appreciated.