• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

SDF - Steadfast Group

Discussion in 'Stocks Q-Z' started by System, Jul 30, 2013.

1. System

System Administrator

Steadfast Group Limited (SDF) is a provider of services to a network of approximately 280 insurance broking businesses across Australia. Steadfast also has a number of investments in insurance brokers within that network as well as underwriting agencies and a joint venture originating premium funding products. Steadfast has developed into Australia's largest general insurance broking network measured by annual premiums placed and number of licensed brokers in its network.

https://www.steadfast.com.au

Steadfast Group Limited is scheduled to list on the ASX on Friday, August 2nd, 2013.

2. Knobby22

Knobby22 Mmmmmm 2nd breakfast

Raising has occurred. SPP now for us small guys. Only going to buy 2K. Anyone else own?

3. rnr

rnr

ASF-SDF 2018-08-19.png

Made a new high on Friday August 17th (although Bearish A divergence is of concern).

4. rnr

rnr

2018-11-11 SDF re ASF.png

Bearish divergence has since played out a couple of times since the last post and now price is within striking distance of the ATH.

barney and Darc Knight like this.
  5. Trav.

Trav.

Hi @rnr

With the AGM news causing the price to gap up on the 18/10, what are your thoughts that the price will retrace to fill that gap?

Extract from chairman's address

upload_2018-11-12_5-31-25.png

upload_2018-11-12_5-33-20.png

**Edit - or is there any indicator that you look at to give you confidence the SP will not retrace...Cheers

Attached Files:

barney and Darc Knight like this.
  6. barney

barney

These guys are turning over some serious cash at $75 million NPAT ……

But …. they have a Market Cap of almost $2.5 billion

Paid a fully franked divi of 7.5 cents 2018

Technically the recent sharp rise into what looks a double top looks like close to top of the range …. but there are no rules of course.

Not my kind of Stock to play around with, but I'd expect a period of ranging and won't be surprised to see a retrace from here @Trav.

I wouldn't be a buyer at these levels although it looks a solid Company at a glance:) ….

Darc Knight and Trav. like this.
  7. rnr

rnr

Hi @trav,

I have no idea whether the gap will be filled at some later point in time, although it was a positive to see price retrace the following week and find support at the low of the gap bar.

In relation to your "edit" question....if @Porper was to post an Elliott Wave chart I would find that info very informative.

Cheers, Rob

Trav. likes this.
  8. rnr

rnr

!!!

9. rnr

rnr

Hi @trav

A revised answer to your question from this morning....yes the gap will be filled today ;)

Cheers, Rob

barney and Trav. like this.
  10. rnr

rnr

2018-11-12 SDF re ASF.png

11. Trav.

Trav.

LOL well there you go. I didn't think that it would happen that quick !!

Thanks for getting back to me with the answer :xyxthumbs nice one Rob

12. barney

barney

LOL … I hadn't taken another look at this this arvo … but …. in a word ….. :eek: …. :D

I did suggest earlier I wouldn't be a buyer at "these" levels ….. those buying at near $2.70 however will probably do OK:p

Darc Knight and Trav. like this.
  13. Porper

Porper Ralph Nelson Elliott

A relatively newly listed company so not loads of data to work with. My take is that a high is near as wave 5 should be in place shortly if it isn't already. A healthy retracement would offer a good buying opportunity though. Lack of volume is an issue for me as it causes volatility like yesterday, although it was a positive close on increased volume which is good.SDF.png

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    rnr, Darc Knight and Trav. like this.
  14. rnr

rnr

Hi @Porper

Many thanks for taking the time to provide an EW perspective on Steadfast, very interesting and really appreciated.

Cheers, Rob

Porper likes this.
  15. $20shoes

$20shoes

It has been a while since we've had a post on SDF. Price has been ranging for a few weeks now but there's a bit of churn in there. Some might find a reasonable R/R on a breakout above 3.26 and shortly above that she'd be trading at blue sky highs. One to watch.

SDF2019-04-15 22-17-26.jpg

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019