Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Russian Invasion

Value Collector

Have courage, and be kind.
Reactions
I have a feeling I should be very happy that I have no idea what they are. 😲
They are nasty little victim operated mines, actuated by a trip wire, with a kill radius of up to 10 metres. they have a built in stake and are normally pushed into the ground, but can be cable tied to trees, fences, furniture etc.

The trip wire can be set up to be tight, or it can be loosely strung through grass making it almost impossible to see but easy to trip up in.
3FAF8EC6-5497-4897-8EF9-B4377294F705.jpeg
44244A04-1E7D-475E-8BAE-411BD8085ED0.jpeg

Reactions
What interests me is the recruitment age is up to 60! Many walking frames travelling to the front toting their vodka cabinets behind.

Heck, 300,000+ recruits. One week of rifle training and then equiped with 1970 rifles = mass slaughter.

Insufficient:

Ballistic vests
Kevlar helmets
Night vision optics
Battle dress
Winter clothing
Tents

Read somewhere (forgot the link. Sorry) out one group of 30 "volunteer" prisioners recruited by Wagner only 15 survived the first encounter.

Dona Ferentes

NEMO SIBI NASCITVR
Reactions
you might think that Israel could reverse its decision not to supply their (very effective) Iron Dome defense system to Ukraine, at the very least to test it against the new spate of Iranian 'kamikaze' drones that have recently been supplied to the Russians. This would be a good bit of tech insurance, IMO, given the stated "Death to Israel" stuff the mullahs come out with.

Last edited:
Reactions
Unfortunately the USA contains many Oligarchs as well, who made their fortunes in dubious ways. I prefer to get my information from reliable sources on twitter. With the smaller republics within the Russian federation erupting, Putin is in a world of pain as are his henchmen and propagandists.

View attachment 146764

This is in no way a reflection on goats.

gg
Outside of Russia, Usmanov is well known for acquiring a major stake in the U.K.’s Arsenal Football Club and for his investments in Apple and Facebook
1664128118734.png

Usmanov’s villa near Lake Tegernsee.

1664127908729.png

Usmanov’s personal Airbus A-340 jet.
1664127981153.png

The Dilbar has two helipads and 60 cabins and is one of the largest yachts in the world.

Value Collector

Have courage, and be kind.
Reactions
💡 If/when this quietens down Australia should head-hunt on irresistible terms some of the top Ukrainian miltary strategists to analyse our defenses against China.
I think the USA are providing a lot of intel and advice to the Ukrainian Army, so we should already have the benefit of the strategists behind the Ukraines.

On the topic of Military strategy, the USA/Pentagon must be loving this conflict from an academic perspective, it’s like the best war game / training exercise they could imagine where they get to put the Russian Army to the test in real life situations and monitor all their strengths and weaknesses.

Dona Ferentes

NEMO SIBI NASCITVR
Reactions
ICW always provides a measured view on things, raising interesting points, all gleaned from publicly available information. Today's effort drills down to the shortcomings with a campaign assessment special edition [that] focuses on Russian military mobilization efforts.

JohnDe

Property, ASX, US stock market investor
Reactions
European countries becoming less reliant to Russian fuel blackmail.

Leaders from Poland, Norway and Denmark have attended a ceremony to mark the opening of the new Baltic Pipe, a key stage in the drive to wean Poland and Europe off Russian gas.
The pipeline will transport natural gas from the Norwegian shelf via Denmark and through the Baltic Sea to Poland. It is the centrepiece of a Polish strategy to diversify away from Russia that began years before Moscow’s February invasion of Ukraine triggered a global energy crisis.
The flows from Norway along with supplies via liquefied gas terminals are central to Poland's plan. The country was cut off from Russian gas supplies in April, allegedly for refusing to pay in roubles.

Reactions
The Russians are having trouble finding the 300,000 fit young cannon fodder requirements for their next push into Ukraine.

Many of them are fleeing the country to Georgia.

So. Simple Russian answer. Set up an enlistment centre at the Georgian border and conscript the fleerers into the army on the spot..o_O

Be a shame if these enlistment centres were torched out like a number of others around Russia.

Reactions

Dona Ferentes

NEMO SIBI NASCITVR
Reactions
Great day to announce a victory/ annexation, Vladolf:

Situation around Lyman - 30 Sep 11:00 local time:
- UA forces liberated Yampil and advancing north
- RU troops are reportedly abandoning its positions in Drobysheve
- The only exit route from Lyman is within the firing range of UA forces
- estimated 3,000 RU troops plus LNR/ DNR in the 'cauldron'

1664533454309.png

Reactions
My guess Putin is going to get out, or get desperate.
The U.S by all reports, has given Putin a heads up, as to how far they are behind, on the weapons front.
Putin has told Xi, Xi has gone well it isn't looking good for you Vlad, let us know how it goes.
Just my two cents worth.