Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Royal Commission into Union Corruption

Garpal Gumnut

AtSwim2Birds
Reactions
Re: Royal Commission in to Union Corruption 2013

Sorry about the title. I was in an email conversation with ole Barack O and put in 2013 when I shouldn't have. I have contacted Joe about it. Hopefully IFocus won't get a visit from spooks as a result.

gg

- - - Updated - - -

Après le beau temps, la pluie
Comprendre

After the silver lining, a cloud ...

I think it will be, 'ow you say, ... a wash white!

Merci. C'est tres bon, mais blanc sale.

gg

Reactions

It should make for an interesting BBQ, at Bills place this arvo.

Garpal Gumnut

AtSwim2Birds
Reactions

CFMEU

AWU

Any other offers on the union side.

gg

orr

Reactions

CFMEU

Any other offers.

gg

We'll see how it pans out, 'as value for money'. The fact that it tickles the balls of LNP goose steppers, although we already have three tiers of State sanctioned legally empowered oversight to address criminality, and any terms of refrenace must include any corruption or influence of or over these oversight bodies. I'd like to see how a funding model for this R/commish worked, if a crowd sourcing funding model was used, like the one now being used by the ex-climate commission; to keep the Melbourne club SC's in 'Krug,Coke and rent boys' .

Reactions

We'll see how it pans out, 'as value for money'. The fact that it tickles the balls of LNP goose steppers, although we already have three tiers of State sanctioned legally empowered oversight to address criminality, and any terms of refrenace must include any corruption or influence of or over these oversight bodies. I'd like to see how a funding model for this R/commish worked, if a crowd sourcing funding model was used, like the one now being used by the ex-climate commission; to keep the Melbourne club SC's in 'Krug,Coke and rent boys' .

Maybe the funding model, could be based on the same crowd sourced funding model, Craig Thomson is being quizzed about in court.:D

Reactions

The difference between a police investigation and a Royal commission is the unions and or politicians associated with the unions can tell the police to go to hell and refuse co-operation, whereas with a Royal Commission they are compelled to give evidence.

Shorten, the Labor Party and the unions are running $hit sacred of the outcome.

IFocus

You are arguing with a Galah
Reactions

Hopefully IFocus won't get a visit from spooks as a result.

The commissioners QC has already been on the phone asking for the inside word so I gave him a list of corrupt business men and women connected with the Liberal party and their dodgy party donations.

I was warned to keep my mouth shut if I didn't want to get 20 years.......:)

Reactions

The commissioners QC has already been on the phone asking for the inside word so I gave him a list of corrupt business men and women connected with the Liberal party and their dodgy party donations.

Lol, caucus meetings may have to be held on visitation days.

Reactions

Lol, caucus meetings may have to be held on visitation days.
Put them all in the same institution.

That way they can meet and to them it will seem like nothing has changed.

Reactions

Put them all in the same institution.

That way they can meet and to them it will seem like nothing has changed.

I wonder which t.v chanel, will get the rights to the mini series?

This is going to be great to follow, what a moment in Australia's history.
One way or another this period, may well go down as a major event in our history.IMO

Knobby22

Mmmmmm 2nd breakfast
Reactions
There is an argument whether it is worth the huge expense but corruption is a cancer on society.
On the whole I am for this exercise.

Reactions

IFocus, you can fool half the people some of the time, some of the people half the time but not all the people all the time.

What a JOKE....:D:D:D

Reactions
The Liberals decide to have a Royal Commission into things relating to unions. Most likely it will find some problems.

And if a future Labor government (they'll be elected again someday, always goes from one to the other) decided to have a Royal Commission into things relating to big business then most likely that too would find a few problems.

I see the whole thing as being far more about politics than anything else. :2twocents

Garpal Gumnut

AtSwim2Birds
Reactions
I would be surprised if the Royal Commission does not expose corrupt companies in the building industry, and elsewhere.

These companies and their executives/boards need to be pursued with recommendations for criminal prosecution, as assiduously as corrupt Unions and their officers.

gg