Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Ron Paul

Reactions
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA

I think it is time this man received his own thread here.
Much has been said about him in ASF.
The above link from 12 months ago shows what potential was available to the people of the USA (and globally). What did happen to his chances probably says it all about where they are today.

“It is better to listen in order to understand than to listen in order to reply”

Reactions
If you want to be taken seriously on anything, it's probably not a great idea to spout 9/11 conspiracy rants. He makes alot of sense on economics, but alot of people are turned off by the crackpot stuff....

Reactions
If you want to be taken seriously on anything, it's probably not a great idea to spout 9/11 conspiracy rants. He makes alot of sense on economics, but alot of people are turned off by the crackpot stuff....
True, but what if he's correct on both counts? The tentacles of power reach far and usually use proxies for their dirty work?

Reactions
crackpot? why because the media told you so? lol

DJZ

Reactions
CrackPot?

I think not, he has never aligned himself with any of the radical truth movements, and he doesn't believe the government were behind it (Although, I think that idea is far from being a tinfoil hat theory, I wouldn't put it past them, at the very least they may have ignored the threat as they did with pearl harbor, in order to further there agenda. They were warned by other countries that something was happening, and they had previously over many years, predicted that the twin towers would be a target for attack by commercial airplanes, yet when it occurred they told everyone, "No-one could have seen this coming" I mean C'mon, we're not that stupid, they were probably saving face, but even still).

He has simply stated that the reason for 911 is because of Blowback. We have been attacking the middle east for a long time now in the name of securing energy resources for profit, and it is this act of aggression that has created the radical Muslims and their hatred for America, that along with the hypocritical actions that the US does, Ie swapping sides when it benefits them, only to leave the locals to be slaughtered, and selling arms to, well, everyone!

On that theory he is 100% correct in my opinion.

And on economics he is 200% correct :p:

Ron Paul is one of the smartest men alive today!

Reactions
CrackPot?

I think not, he has never aligned himself with any of the radical truth movements, and he doesn't believe the government were behind it (Although, I think that idea is far from being a tinfoil hat theory, I wouldn't put it past them, at the very least they may have ignored the threat as they did with pearl harbor, in order to further there agenda. They were warned by other countries that something was happening, and they had previously over many years, predicted that the twin towers would be a target for attack by commercial airplanes, yet when it occurred they told everyone, "No-one could have seen this coming" I mean C'mon, we're not that stupid, they were probably saving face, but even still).

He has simply stated that the reason for 911 is because of Blowback. We have been attacking the middle east for a long time now in the name of securing energy resources for profit, and it is this act of aggression that has created the radical Muslims and their hatred for America, that along with the hypocritical actions that the US does, Ie swapping sides when it benefits them, only to leave the locals to be slaughtered, and selling arms to, well, everyone!

On that theory he is 100% correct in my opinion.

And on economics he is 200% correct :p:

Ron Paul is one of the smartest men alive today!
He definitely is. One of the most "sane" politican around.

However, I will be blunt and practical. The real chance of him getting widespread acceptance and persuade the congress to adopt his policies is almost next to 0% chance. Why? Because those in power, especially those with the ability to create and control fiat money, will NEVER ALLOW him to raise in power.

Ron Paul has specifically said he is very well aware of assassination attempts and have had received threats, but as a brave bloke, he doesn't care and is prepared to risk his life for it. Good luck to him because a revolution is needed to make all this to come true.

DJZ

Reactions
He definitely is. One of the most "sane" politican around.

However, I will be blunt and practical. The real chance of him getting widespread acceptance and persuade the congress to adopt his policies is almost next to 0% chance. Why? Because those in power, especially those with the ability to create and control fiat money, will NEVER ALLOW him to raise in power.

Ron Paul has specifically said he is very well aware of assassination attempts and have had received threats, but as a brave bloke, he doesn't care and is prepared to risk his life for it. Good luck to him because a revolution is needed to make all this to come true.
Yeah, Exactly right Temjin, but the message is resonating through the world, and it is the message that needs to be taught, it is his message that America was build upon and what made it the beacon of freedom back in the day. Things wont change today, or in a year or even in 10 years, but hopefully one day it will, and the seeds need to be sown now. Its his principled stance that inspires so many, if all people stood by principles instead of blindly following, then the world would be a better place.

And remember this quote

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
-- Margaret Mead

Reactions
What hope have they got?

I quote:
http://www.pafoa.org/forum/national-11/35365-awesome-interview-ron-paul-very-depth.html
PR.com: Was President Bush correct in saying that we would have indeed gone into a depression?

Ron Paul: He was, but not because if we didn’t spend the bill. It might not be too radical of a statement to say that we are destined to go into a depression. So, that’s not all that radical to say that. But, he used that as a scare tactic by saying that if you don’t vote for this we’re going go into a depression. It’s like saying, “If you don’t invade Iraq they might bomb us with a nuclear weapon.” I mean, they are just not telling us the truth.

PR.com: Do you think that either Barack Obama or John McCain has what it takes to get us back into the black, financially?

Ron Paul: I don’t think they even have a desire to do that, because people now don’t think you should ever balance your budget in times like this. They don’t even pretend to do that. Republicans are sort of like, what Dick Cheney said not too many years ago. He said, “Well, we don’t have to worry about deficits. Ronald Reagan taught us to live with a deficit.” Conservative supply-siders think the deficits don’t matter all that much and liberals never care. So, no, neither one of them has a desire to, nor would they know how to do it, because they both endorse this empire we are operating around the world. It’s the empire that’s bringing us to our knees and if we don’t address that there’s no way we can solve our problems.

PR.com: You’ve clearly outlined your political principles on many occasions as being that of a Libertarian. I’m curious as to why you ran in the Presidential primary race last year as a Republican candidate?

Ron Paul: Because the system is so biased against alternative parties. There’s a monopoly control over our system. Republicans and Democrats are actually alike on economic policy, monetary policy, foreign policy… everything. They pretend they are a little bit different, but just look at how McCain and Obama came out strongly for the bailout package. So, there’s no difference, they’re both for sending more troops to Afghanistan, they’re both for all these laws to address the subject of terrorism and the Patriot Act. There’s really no difference between them, so in order to get any attention you can’t do it as an outside party. Do you think they would allow anybody in the debates other than the two candidates now? And yet, in Canada they have four or five of their candidates in debates up there; but, not in America. You have to have the monopoly exclusion of anybody who has a different opinion who might attack the status quo. They won’t allow it, so I got a lot more attention in the Republican Primary than I would have in a third party. And besides, the Republican Party brags about a big tent. Here I am, I was the most conservative, strict constitutionalist, protection of liberties, right to life and all these things. And they say they don’t want you in the party. It was a little bit bizarre when you think about it.

Reactions
Fantastic video's Ron Paul Is a fkn legend and should be in power. Peter Schiff also has a brain on him (thats where all the gold is going from the perth mint!)

That last video the fat pig in the middle should be shot, basically he reckons the U.S will never allow its country to become truly free.

Reactions
Ron Paul of the Financial Crisis

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=CekHwI0N0R8

$2 billion campaign

taking care of the corporate elite

nov 15

beginning of the end of national sovereignty (U.S.)

the dollar is doomed

the new world order

world government

obama the pied piper

getting us prepared

21st 22nd (Jan 2009)

just tax you!

(and that's just part one.)

Reactions
Ron Paul at 73, had age against him and is considered an extreme conservative. Factors like opposing Federal Law on drugs and so many other matters, made him virtually unelectable to the office of President.

Reactions
Make no mistake, Ron Paul lit the flames of liberty under a small but active percentage of the American populace about one year ago. At this point last year the Ron Paul faithful were drunk on hope after the first highly successful money bomb brought in millions of dollars in a single day. Now that Barack Obama is our President-Elect and Ron Paul is focused on continuing his freedom education and liberty activism effort through the Campaign For Liberty, talk of a 2012 Ron Paul Republican Presidential candidate has begun in earnest. November 8th, 2008 1:53 pm | by Marc Gallagher | Published in Activism, Big Government, Civil Liberties, Constitution, Drugs, Economics, Election, Free Market, Libertarianism, Liberty, Maven Commentary, Politics, Ron Paul, Taxes, campaign for liberty |

http://libertymaven.com/2008/11/08/ron-paul-liberty-torch-to-be-handed-to-gary-johnson/3121/

Reactions
Make no mistake, Ron Paul lit the flames of liberty under a small but active percentage of the American populace about one year ago. At this point last year the Ron Paul faithful were drunk on hope after the first highly successful money bomb brought in millions of dollars in a single day. Now that Barack Obama is our President-Elect and Ron Paul is focused on continuing his freedom education and liberty activism effort through the Campaign For Liberty, talk of a 2012 Ron Paul Republican Presidential candidate has begun in earnest. November 8th, 2008 1:53 pm | by Marc Gallagher | Published in Activism, Big Government, Civil Liberties, Constitution, Drugs, Economics, Election, Free Market, Libertarianism, Liberty, Maven Commentary, Politics, Ron Paul, Taxes, campaign for liberty |

http://libertymaven.com/2008/11/08/ron-paul-liberty-torch-to-be-handed-to-gary-johnson/3121/
Ron Paul will be 77 in 2012 and 85 after 8 years as President. Enough said really.