Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Roller's Intraday futures journey

Reactions
Did/do you (or anyone else?) ever use any commercial journaling tools. There seems to be some good products out there but not sure if it'll be worth it. I've been doing my own but not as flash as commercial ones. They would give a deeper insight into stats i guess.
I created a basic excel spreadsheet.
I think it gives me enough.

Reactions
Contract rollover today on the Nikkei. It confuses me every time. Usually takes me a few days to get my bearings again.

Reactions
We ended up opening down below it. I thought that we were going to push up back through and tried to buy the breakout but obviously that did not work out. Wasn't fluid enough in my thinking to flip bias. Very choppy day

1663307604975.png

Reactions
It was a public holiday in Japan on Monday so no market action.

Because of the public holiday we had a big gap up which pushed up into a supply area from the open, this allowed me to get in a nice short position following the overall trend. I had to leave the computer and had my target in a place where I thought some support may come in but we blasted through through that. So I could have got a bit more out of the trade but definitely not complaining!

I was tempted to leave one contract on with a stop at breakeven to see if we wanted to continue down but I didn't do it in the end. This may be something I look at in the future when we are moving like this. Really getting hold of those outsized winners will skew the results nicely.

This morning I was looking for a break to new recent lows. Unfortunately I got stopped out as it pushed back up into the range by a tick before the big dump!

If we get a spike back up into the range I may consider shorts but recently we have just had a morning move and then not much has happened in the afternoon. Especially with some news coming out in the US and the BOJ interest rate decision tomorrow, I actually thought it was just going to be a range day once I got stopped out as we were just chopping around. I think the BOJ announced a bond buy up which may have been the trigger.

1663725879635.png

I don't really see too much support below this area until around 26860. So if we can't reclaim these recent levels that we have broke it might be down for the remainder of the week

1663726512251.png

Reactions
Some big moves overnight with some chitchat out of the US. We are down around that support level that I was looking at yesterday which may offer a chance for some longs if we can reclaim it early on. Not really that keen to short after such an impulsive move down overnight

Around 12:30 PM SA time there is a BOJ interest rate decisions so that will get things going no doubt.

1663804738208.png

Reactions
I just thought I would post this here for my future reference and any commentary from anyone else. I'm seeing some accumulation going on on the smaller timeframe charts, well what I think is accumulation.

After the big push down overnight, there would probably need to be some kind of absorption going on to reverse this trend. On each push down you can see the high-volume bars, this is where I think the big boys are sucking up the breakout traders who are looking for lower prices. In order for them to build their position they would need to push the price down to be able to get the liquidity.

I've also noticed on a few occasions that this tends to happen under support that I have marked up, not sure if that means I have the support marked up wrong or possibly other people are watching these levels and accumulation is going on while the price may seem weak.
Anyhow, this could all be wrong and price may dump straight-back through but interested to hear others thoughts.

1663808475080.png

Reactions
Price pushed back down not long after my initial post, but this looks like it wants to rip higher now. The BOJ announcement is due in 20 minutes. So just watching. Anything could happen

Got sucked into taking way too many pre-emptive trades early, so might not do any more trades today

200.gif

1663814531653.png

Reactions
How the day ended up for anyone following along.

If I fire off too many blanks early in the day then I lose the mental capital/resilience to be able to pull the trigger when needed. Something I need to work on

1663830190450.png

Reactions
Focus should still be on the downside I think, I would like to see how price reacts around the blue line below current levels to see if it can be defended.

Otherwise a push up to around 27,000 will be a area to watch.

Don't really have a clear picture at the moment, just a few areas of interest

1663889578355.png