Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

RFN - Reffind Limited

System

Administrator
Reactions
REFFIND was incorporated in July 2014 to provide a cloud based application which provides customers (generally large organisations) a mobile, innovative, collaborative and effective way of reaching their employees.

The first product (REFFIND Employ) has been taken to market, providing an effective tool to facilitate employee referrals within an organisation. REFFIND is developing two additional products (REFFIND Engage and REFFIND Educate) to enhance employee engagement and training.

It is anticipated that RFN will list on the ASX during July 2015.

http://www.reffind.com

Reactions
Would like to read any fundamentalist's take on RFN.
I'd calculate that the technical barrier to entry for this companies product is approximately one weekend of caffeine fuelled coding by some dedicated geeks.

Better hope they have a good business strategy, especially sales and marketing...

skc

Goldmember
Reactions
I'd calculate that the technical barrier to entry for this companies product is approximately one weekend of caffeine fuelled coding by some dedicated geeks.

Better hope they have a good business strategy, especially sales and marketing...
Agree... and the "stickiness" of the revenue model is yet to be tested.

To tell you the truth, if I have a real $hit day at work and I get a cartoonish survey asking me how my day was, I would most certainly respond with the middle finger!

I think it's probably a bit of a fad.

Reactions
This sounds terrible lol. Maybe I just don't understand the business model but I don't know why employees would download this app and waste their time with it. They are effectively doing work for nothing but a chance to win a prize. If they are using it, they are going to be doing it in work time, not in their spare time. I also don't know why this is better then just advertising job openings on the company's website, on seek or using other social media such as twitter and LinkedIn. Obviously the model only works for big companies, and they don't have problems in having positions getting filled in the first place.

Reactions
I think it attempts to solve a valid problem in that most job vacancies are filled via word of mouth and not traditional paths such as seek. But risk:reward seems skewed to the downside (too much success already banked).
  • 100 fully paying enterprise customers on a 10 mill pa operating budget would mean npat of around 10m (vs fully diluted mc of 100m).
  • Needs around 40 fully paying clients to break even.
  • Recent quarterly shows that there are no full paying customers yet (only heavily discounted trials).
  • Cash in bank vs current burn = 3 quarters till they need to raise again
  • 50 fully paying customers would put it at 50x earnings at current prices.

Reactions
Agree... and the "stickiness" of the revenue model is yet to be tested.

To tell you the truth, if I have a real $hit day at work and I get a cartoonish survey asking me how my day was, I would most certainly respond with the middle finger!

I think it's probably a bit of a fad.
Not only that, if you feel disengaged and undervalued sending a generic survey about how your day was won't help the situation. I'm sure there is some use for the product, I'm not sure there's an actual business in it.

Reactions
Thanks all.

I think I agree that the marketing department will need to produce continuing sign ups (and conversions to the full version) to ensure the massive income stream they're aimed at.

Reactions
Market Cap was in multiple millions when earlier posts made, in 2015

Now its about $1million, but then it can double in a day!!

ASX politely enquired what was going on; responses of Not Aware, Not Applicable, Not Applicable, No and In Compliance (as per usual)

They're giving something away (employee engagement and recognition platform Wooboard ) as a free trial to BDO Tax; maybe that has woken things up. Covid and all that.
1602981736364.png