Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Retrospective Taxation by Coalition forces GG to Catch a Virgin

Reactions
The disgraceful retrospective taxation of those holding more than $1.6m in Pension phase in a SMSF has forced me to leave my eyrie at the Ross River Hotel in search of attractive "punts". I prefer to lose on a gut feeling rather than give to the government to waste on even more crazy projects.

So I am in VAH, at 30c. I expect Singapore Airlines to launch a bid at 40c. If they don't, and I lose it, at least the grubs that pass for a former great Party, The Liberals, will not get their sweaty hands on my money. If I win it will partly pay the tax, a dreadful decision to tax workers and savers.

I would advise any retirees thinking of voting for either the Libs or Nats to seek therapy.

big.gif

gg

pixel

DIY Trader
Reactions
I agree about the therapy part, GG;
but at our age, catching virgins may be a risky business. The one you're talking about in particular: Coming down from upstairs the way she does would cast doubt over the "virgin" bit, and it could well be that she is heading for a French sub :eek:

Chart-wise, I suspect she could nosedive even lower: 25c maybe?
But what would I know - haven't held Virgin for ages.

VAH n 06-05-16.png

Reactions
It looks as if my dear little Virgin which I bought with evil intent may be on her way to the Ole " White Slave Trade " via Beijing and HNA Aviation a particularly well cashed up Chinese Airline.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/aviation/virgin-australia-enters-agreement-with-chinas-hna-aviation-group-20160530-gp7peo.html

So I now have Air NZ, Branson, Singapore Airlines, Etihad and HNA Aviation all slavering over my Virgin's peaches and cream complexion.

And I'm now even steven after buying on the way down and an uptick courtesy of HNA today.

I still think Morrison is a MF by the way.

gg

Reactions
It seems as if my anger at Morrison was well directed.

I bought 3 parcels on the way down, and am now ahead, as VAH goes up.

Virgins rule ok.

Perhaps Joe or the admins can transfer this rant of posts to VAH now that I've vented my spleen and am ahead.

gg