• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Reducing mail from ASX/CHESS/broker

Discussion in 'Beginner's Lounge' started by jjbinks, Nov 27, 2017.

1. jjbinks

jjbinks

Hi Guys,

Last time I traded shares now about 4 years ago I got way to many letters re each sell/buy/dividend etc.
    I am wondering if there is a way to minimise these letters. My broker was commsec looking at something cheaper for brokerage.

Thanks

2. Wysiwyg

Wysiwyg Everyone wants money

Electronic contract notes to e-mail address and nominate a bank account for dividend payments. With Commsec go to Portfolio -> Accounts -> Account Details and you will see the page to make the preference changes.

Attached Files:

jjbinks likes this.
  3. Sir Burr

Sir Burr

I think the only way you can (currently) avoid getting the ASX statements for every buy and sell is to go with Interactive Brokers ...but no Chess sponsorship. I think Saxo would be the same (without Chess).

With IB you can update electronic communications for other stuff here:
    http://www.proxyconsent.com/IBUS

The ONLY thing I receive trading with Interactive Brokers is a 6 monthly statement in the mail. Not sure if you can stop that too :)

jjbinks likes this.
  4. jjbinks

jjbinks

Thanks that's probably what im looking for. One letter every 6 months is OK. I guess it nice to recieve mail every so often but not too often. :p