Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Recommended CFD brokers?

Reactions
I would recommend CMC Markets. They were always good to me in both stockbroking and CFDs. Their CFD platform is top notch too.

Reactions
Are you after direct market access or Market maker? or does not matter .
I have started a very small account with FP Markets . DMA
$10 Trade min, free simple iress investor platform which is ok for end of day.
Only problem is platform times out after about 5mins.
Have not tried to withdraw , but they have a good reputation.

Reactions
Interactive Brokers Aust have started CFDs. They have the lowest fees and interest for stocks and indexes but their margin requirements are higher so might be more useful if you only use CFDs to supplement other strategies. You have to pay for live feed but you might be able to use prices from other brokers for that.

Reactions
Don’t use CMC CFD platform they are too highly leveraged and expensive. That being said they are legitimate and don’t seem(looking over the web) to have ripped anyone off recently. My advice don’t trade CFDs, they ca only really be used to hedge Long portfoilios.

Saxo offer the best platform to Aussies, white label and has many more tradable instruments than the American platforms. Also has CFDs that aren’t ridiculously leveraged so you can use them reasonably safely in a LongShort trading strategy

I have both CMC and Saxo platforms, but mainly use Tradestation. Saxo better for Aussies

Most of what you need to be trade well you can get for FREE

All you only need a Toyota, like this fabulous forums Trading Fundamentals - Skate's Beginners Version

Babypips gives you a good basic technical understanding

Don’t trade CFDs, trade US options

If you want a great Macro view of the world listen to religiously. Macrovoices

If you want to keep up with the worlds Macro info Tradingeconomics

If you want a great Bloomberg like platform Koyfin data

If you want a great all-round technical setup platform Tradingview

If you want to learn about how the market works read the front pages of Squeezemetrics

This site is closed for new premium subscriptions because they actually tell you where the markets are going with some accuracy.

If you want a site that you can still get some market direction using the same market analysis for a very small fee Spotgamma

If you want to learn to trade the Long Short Hedge fund way Macrovoices offers a great free course.

A further warning

Need to voice about Anton Kreil

By reading all the posts around the web I can see few who comment have ever done a Anton Kreil ITPM course

And his defenders here are obviously Anton trolls, or Anton himself. He’s a walking self-promoter who bags everyone else to make you feel your going to miss out, the best FOMO in the learner traders on the Web. Don’t waste your money.

I’m happy to discuss AntonK course material, just send me an PM.

Anton is overpriced and full of himself and uses your fear and previous trading losses to sell to you.