Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Reactions
Hi, I'm new to this forum and have a question for you all:

I'm living in NZ but actively invest on the ASX through ASB Securities, but as I'm sure you all know - ASB isn't exactly cheap (AU$30 per trade!).

I've been looking at E*Trade, Commsec, OpenMarkets and some others.

Are any of these good? Which one do you use? And do they offer an online platform / charting etc?

Thanks in advance!

pixel

DIY Trader
Reactions

I'm living in NZ but actively invest on the ASX through ASB Securities, but as I'm sure you all know - ASB isn't exactly cheap (AU$30 per trade!).

Are any of these good? Which one do you use? And do they offer an online platform / charting etc?

Thanks in advance!

I'm with OpenMarkets.
They're brilliant. Very responsive, even to suggestions of added functionality.
Their Pulse platform has been around for years. It's on a par with web.Iress; charting even better IMHO.
Depending on your trading frequency, software and data fees may not apply - they don't for me.

ROE

Reactions
I'm with OpenMarkets.
They're brilliant. Very responsive, even to suggestions of added functionality.
Their Pulse platform has been around for years. It's on a par with web.Iress; charting even better IMHO.
Depending on your trading frequency, software and data fees may not apply - they don't for me.

OpenMarkets looks good, pixel as a client do you know when they have options available on their platform?

I probably move away from comsec and open an account with them when they support options...

pixel

DIY Trader
Reactions
OpenMarkets looks good, pixel as a client do you know when they have options available on their platform?

I probably move away from comsec and open an account with them when they support options...

Options haven't been too high on my agenda, ROE; but I seem to recall an email mentioning a timeline mid-end March. You've got their number? Give them a call and ask. It's definitely on the cards.

Reactions

Thanks in advance!

I'm in a similar position but I trade on the ASX and the NYSE through ANZ (New Zealand) Share and Bond Trading ! The fees are crazy though, trades on the NYSE are US$69. Plus they take a 0.9% margin on FX when I transfer from NZ dollars. In addition, there is an annual custodial fee of 0.3% for US shares.

Trading on the ASX is A$29 per trade. For ASX trades the main way I get ripped off is on the FX side of things.

I'm a long term investor, so I need to find an online broker where the custodial fees aren't too expensive. Ideally as well I can find someone who will give me a good rate on FX. Obviously the more parties I have to deal with, the more time consuming it gets, but I don't know if there are any organisations that are a good fit.

Anyone got any suggestions ?? Thanks.

So_Cynical

The Contrarian Averager
Reactions
Have 10K? if so IB is an option, cheap FX, hell cheap everything...even if your not that active the low dormancy fee still makes it a great option.