Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Re-allocating Superannuation Asset Allocation

Reactions
Hi all,

I'm still new at investing.
I would like to get rid of my cash and bonds in my superannuation.

Attached is a screenshot.

Cash is easy to see.

Are bonds allocated as fixed income?

What else can I change to keep this high growth?
Any other tips?

Thanks muchly!

Kind regards,

NQ

Attachments

• asset allocation.jpg
    asset allocation.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 25

So_Cynical

The Contrarian Averager
Reactions
Hi all,

Cash is easy to see.

Any other tips?

Thanks muchly!

Kind regards,

NQ
Bonds are fixed income, if you want super high risk then you need an allocation made up mostly of Aust and foreign shares.

Reactions
Why don't you phone your super fund?

The super fund will have advisors who can tell you these things, and how to change in to the options you want.

KH

Reactions
Why don't you phone your super fund?

The super fund will have advisors who can tell you these things, and how to change in to the options you want.

KH
Hi there,

That's a good idea.

I know how to manually re-allocate. I am quite busy during the day and am often on hold.
The hours for my super fund are 0830 to 1800 hrs.

I don't often have a day off but will try to ring them. Thank you.

Reactions
Hi all,

Cash is easy to see.

Any other tips?

Thanks muchly!

Kind regards,

NQ
i think you should ask for greater clarity ( detail )

'fixed income ' MIGHT include things like term deposits , property trusts , and annuities ( and possibly bonds and notes and EFTs which focus on bonds and notes )

but 'cash' is often short-duration term deposits and other short-term financial instruments , and of course some actual cash left in a bank account

now Australian and International equities are fairly self-explanatory

but liquid alternatives ?? are they talking precious metals ( or precious metal ETFs ) maybe diamonds , pearls , or vintage wine/whisky

how about have a friendly chat to your tax accountant , and see what the implications of a portfolio managed by yourself , where you can CHOOSE to put say $500 into that junior miner , newly started marijuana company , etc etc ( or maybe a couple of thousand into an ambitious large cap say FMG , MIN , WES or one of several others )

cheers

Reactions
i think you should ask for greater clarity ( detail )

'fixed income ' MIGHT include things like term deposits , property trusts , and annuities ( and possibly bonds and notes and EFTs which focus on bonds and notes )

but 'cash' is often short-duration term deposits and other short-term financial instruments , and of course some actual cash left in a bank account

now Australian and International equities are fairly self-explanatory

but liquid alternatives ?? are they talking precious metals ( or precious metal ETFs ) maybe diamonds , pearls , or vintage wine/whisky

how about have a friendly chat to your tax accountant , and see what the implications of a portfolio managed by yourself , where you can CHOOSE to put say $500 into that junior miner , newly started marijuana company , etc etc ( or maybe a couple of thousand into an ambitious large cap say FMG , MIN , WES or one of several others )

cheers

Hi,

Thanks for the more detailed response.

I'll ask them. It's very very unclear.

I have been meaning to start a self-managed super fund.

I'll have a chat. :)

Reactions
yes i was once in a super fund that had some interesting anomalies that APRA took 3 years to give direction on , have a long chat FIRST to see if a formal SMSF is right for YOU , they have their bonuses but also some extra burdens ,

good luck

PS check all those pesky insurance policies , sometimes they overlap with something you already pay ( say included in a mortgage or elsewhere ), that was the opening that let the Hayne Royal Commission into the super deep dive ( that is NOT a bad thing IF they all payout when you claim )

Reactions
yes i was once in a super fund that had some interesting anomalies that APRA took 3 years to give direction on , have a long chat FIRST to see if a formal SMSF is right for YOU , they have their bonuses but also some extra burdens ,

good luck

PS check all those pesky insurance policies , sometimes they overlap with something you already pay ( say included in a mortgage or elsewhere ), that was the opening that let the Hayne Royal Commission into the super deep dive ( that is NOT a bad thing IF they all payout when you claim )
Thanks so much!

I haven't prioritised my finances but finally after some fishing, found the part I was looking for:

I'm re-allocating and getting rid of my cash and bonds.