Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Rafael Nadal The Best Tennis Player

Reactions
This my Video on Rafael Nadal Which Include His Best Rally, Best Forehand, Backhand and his Banana shots.

Please Rate Comment and Favourite.

Last edited by a moderator:

So_Cynical

The Contrarian Averager
Reactions
Unfortunately the best no more...Djokovic clearly has his measure, reminds me of when Lendl finally figured out how to beat McEnroe.

Nadal will go down as one of the greats but in all probability will never dominate again.

Nice vid.

Reactions
Unfortunately the best no more...Djokovic clearly has his measure, reminds me of when Lendl finally figured out how to beat McEnroe.

Nadal will go down as one of the greats but in all probability will never dominate again.

Nice vid.
It say for me you saying he will never dominate again you cannot lose hope

Reactions

Nice vid.
I was never oneto bet on Nadal - odds were terrible; betting against his is worse. Going back 2 years when I used to bet heavily on the Tennis (hefty profits), Nadal was just one of those players whose game you stay away from; too risky.

It was around that time he had copped a mad injury, and from then on he went downhill in terms of rankings. Djockovic is a lucky fellow, in my honest opinion. In terms of class, style, skill - Nadal has it all. He is one of the greatest tennis players.

Some players get lucky, and get on good streaks. Let's not forget, Del Potro beat Nadal in the US open a few years back.

No matter how great you are, you are bound to fall once to a lesser player. Ali and Spinks is a prime example ;) and no doubt Ali was the greatest.

So_Cynical

The Contrarian Averager
Reactions
It say for me you saying he will never dominate again you cannot lose hope
I'm a very good judge of tennis ability and timing...its more than likely over for Rafa, his age is the only thing on his side.

Remember that Aussie open when Roger broke down a bit after losing the final to Rafa? well i called that at the time as the end of Federer and i was 100% right, he hasn't won a slam since and now struggles to even make the final.

Rafa can still win slams...but the glory days are gone.

Reactions
I'm a very good judge of tennis ability and timing...its more than likely over for Rafa, his age is the only thing on his side.

Remember that Aussie open when Roger broke down a bit after losing the final to Rafa? well i called that at the time as the end of Federer and i was 100% right, he hasn't won a slam since and now struggles to even make the final.

Rafa can still win slams...but the glory days are gone.
Rafael Nadal can still win slams and his glory days are not gone they just started

Reactions
Rafa still has plenty of time. He is young and skilled, and one has to remember the beginning of his downturn and the reasons for it. He was off the Tennis circuit for quite some time.

Reactions
Look at the record books, Roger Federer lays claim to being the greatest player of all time with 16 Grand Slam victories ( Nadal has 10 and the Djoker only 4).

Having said that, without doubt, the greatest player of all time is Australian Rod "rocket" Laver. He is the only tennis player to have twice won the Grand Slam (all four major singles titles in the same year) – first as an amateur in 1962 and second as a professional in 1969.

Lavers total of only 11 Grand Slam victories! can be excused as he was excluded from the the "amateur" Grand Slam Championships for 5 years for being a rebel "pro" tennis player.

Reactions
Look at the record books, Roger Federer lays claim to being the greatest player of all time with 16 Grand Slam victories ( Nadal has 10 and the Djoker only 4).

Having said that, without doubt, the greatest player of all time is Australian Rod "rocket" Laver. He is the only tennis player to have twice won the Grand Slam (all four major singles titles in the same year) – first as an amateur in 1962 and second as a professional in 1969.

Lavers total of only 11 Grand Slam victories! can be excused as he was excluded from the the "amateur" Grand Slam Championships for 5 years for being a rebel "pro" tennis player.
Thank you for that short history

So_Cynical

The Contrarian Averager
Reactions
All the truly great players go through a period of invincibility winning many tournaments..even some of the not so greatest like Hewitt, had a small period of invincibility.

Rafa's (almost) invincible 3 year run
  • Wimbledon 2008, 2010
  • US Open 2010
  • Aussie 2009
  • French 2008, 2010
  • ATP Tour World Championship/Masters 2010
2011 = Nothing = its over

---------------------------------------------------

McEnroe's (almost) invincible 5 year run
  • Wimbledon 1981, 1983, 1984
  • US Open 1979, 1980, 1981, 1984
  • Aussie / wasn't the same tourney then
  • French / couldn't play clay
  • ATP Tour World Championship/Masters 1979, 1981, 1983, 1984
1985 = Nothing = its over

-----------------------------------------

Borg (almost) invincible 4 year run
  • Wimbledon 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980
  • US Open 1978, 1980, 1981
  • Aussie / wasn't the same tourney then
  • French 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981
  • ATP Tour World Championship/Masters 1979, 1980
1982 = retired = he knew he couldn't beat McEnroe.

-----------------------------------------------------

Sampras (almost) invincible 5 year run
  • Wimbledon 1993, 1994, 1995, 1997
  • US Open 1993, 1995, 1996
  • Aussie 1994, 1997
  • French / couldn't play clay
  • ATP Tour World Championship/Masters 1994, 1996, 1997
Pete was just so good he kept winning the odd slam for like 5 years after his 5 year (almost) invincible run.

-----------------------------------

Lendl's (almost) invincible 3 year run
  • Wimbledon / didn't win a final, made 2 (couldn't play grass)
  • US Open 1985, 1986, 1987
  • Aussie 1989, 1990
  • French 1986, 1987
  • ATP Tour World Championship/Masters 1985, 1986, 1987

------------------------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_Nadal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McEnroe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Björn_Borg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Sampras
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Lendl

Reactions
I'm a very good judge of tennis ability and timing...

The Australian Open you refer to was 2009. Federer won the French Open in 2009 and the Australian Open in 2010, before your post in 2011!
Federer has proven you wrong again by winning a further 4 grand slam titles.

Reactions
It really isn't about who is the best tennis player ever, it is more dependent on the opposition at any given point in time, also the state of the health of a given player.
To me what epitomises greatness about a player of any sport, is them giving their best while they are still competitive, despite the calls from the muppet media for them to retire.
Why should someone who still loves to compete, throw in the towel, because the muppet media calls time on them?
Federer has proven them wrong, Valentino Rossi has proven them wrong, the World is too full of people telling everyone what they should be doing. Unfortunately most of them work for the media. IMO

So_Cynical

The Contrarian Averager
Reactions
The Australian Open you refer to was 2009. Federer won the French Open in 2009 and the Australian Open in 2010, before your post in 2011!
Federer has proven you wrong again by winning a further 4 grand slam titles.
Yep got that wrong - im no longer a good judge of tennis, Rodger is something very special.

Wysiwyg

Everyone wants money
Reactions
Federer has proven them wrong, Valentino Rossi has proven them wrong, the World is too full of people telling everyone what they should be doing. Unfortunately most of them work for the media. IMO
Unbelievable people go out of their way to do this. Spiteful and envious of other peoples deserved and earned success. The theory of putting people down to bring out their best is nonsense.

Logique

Investor
Reactions
If it hasn't already been said, Rafa is invincible on clay.

Not even Roger can best him at the French Open.