• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Query About StockNessMonster.com

Discussion in 'Beginner's Lounge' started by piggybank, May 1, 2014.

1. piggybank

piggybank

Hi,

Up until last week I used to use the stocknessmonster site to copy a link I wanted to put in a post. However, when I now click on a link it comes up "unlinked" and will not open:(. So it appears when I was cleaning up a few files last weekend I must have inadvertently removed some software that helped open the files.

Has anyone had to sort this problem out themselves? If so I would appreciate your advice on how to rectifying it;).

As most of you will know is that I am not computer savvy.

The link I used in the past was - http://stocknessmonster.com/

Thanking those in advance for their replies.

Regards
    PB

2. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

Re: Query About Stockness Monster

Hi PB,

Your stocknessmonster.com links are opening fine for me.

As far as I'm aware the only software you need to read PDF files is Adobe Reader, which you can download here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/ (Don't forget to unclick the McAfee Security Scan Plus box, unless you want it.)

Hope that helps!

3. piggybank

piggybank

Re: Query About Stockness Monster

Thanks for the post Joe. However I am unable to upload the product:(. As you will see that I have attached 2 images - The first one is the opening page followed by the second page. However, after a few seconds it disappears leaving just a white screen with nothing on it:eek:. Would you by any chance know what the problem is and if so how to fix it?

140502 - ADOBE READER ONEs.gif

140502 - ADOBE READERs.gif

Have a great weekend.
    PB

4. piggybank

piggybank

Hi Everyone,

Joe, I still cannot fully download the product you mentioned (and highlighted). All I get is a blank page and the web address :confused::mad:

140513 - SMONSTERs.gif

Can anyone help me with my problem, it would be much appreciated:). I don't even know what type of files they are that I am trying to download:(.

Thanking those in advance for their replies.

Regards
    PB

5. luutzu

luutzu

You're trying to download adobe reader, right?
    if so, it's a program that allow you to open PDF files on your PC.

The link Joe sent, just click and wait for it to download - it could take a while as it's 71 Meg... Once it's downloaded, a screen will pop up to ask you if you want to install it, then it's just next next and done.

Once installed, when you click on PDF file it will just open to the adobe reader and show the file's content.

If you have already downloaded the app and it didn't ask you to install, check the default folder where you download your stuff - usually something like C:\Users\yourPCname\Downloads