Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

QRE - BetaShares S&P/ASX 200 Resources Sector ETF

So_Cynical

The Contrarian Averager
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Posts
7,076
Reactions
733
QRE is a new ETF that aims to track the price and income performance of the S&P/ASX 200 Resources Index....as you would expect its very heavily weighted to BHP (41.3%) in fact the top 5 holdings (BHP, RIO, NCM, WPL, ORG) make up 70% of the portfolio, with the other 55 odd stocks held by the Fund making up the other 30%.

QRE has only been trading for about 5 weeks and has a market cap of around 35 mill so i wont bother with a chart...i would imagine it would closely follow the ASX50 and would be a similar investment to a ASX50 or ASX100 tracking ETF....will be interesting to see over time if there is much of a difference.

Still i reckon this stock would be great for those wanting easy access to any upside to the resources sector, as its a pure Aussie resources play and a great vehicle for a punt on the China, India developing world boom etc. :2twocents

http://www.betashares.com.au/produc...resources-sector-etf-synthetic/#each-keyFacts
~
 

Attachments

Joined
Jan 24, 2011
Posts
40
Reactions
1
Re: QRE – BetaShares S&P/ASX 200 Resources Sector ETF

I was also interested in the correlation between QRE and the S&P/ASX 200 (or ASX 50) - so got a friend of mine to run the numbers on Bloomberg (see the attachment). Very different results so I think perhaps QRE could be a good way to get overweight resources
 

Attachments

So_Cynical

The Contrarian Averager
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Posts
7,076
Reactions
733
Re: QRE – BetaShares S&P/ASX 200 Resources Sector ETF

I was also interested in the correlation between QRE and the S&P/ASX 200 (or ASX 50) - so got a friend of mine to run the numbers on Bloomberg (see the attachment). Very different results so I think perhaps QRE could be a good way to get overweight resources
Nice chart...showing a clear out perform pre GFC (metal price boom time) and post GFC on the back of rising metal prices and the financial sector, REIT's and industrials under performing.
 
Joined
Nov 8, 2013
Posts
73
Reactions
0
Added to the SMSF this week, Resources are clearly out of favour (maybe the best time to buy?) but for a long term hold this low cost ETF gives a bit of everything in the sector which at some stage will come back to life, in the mean time a decent yield and with everything priced in $US a falling $A has got to be offsetting the price falls in the metals and oil.
 
Joined
Jan 24, 2011
Posts
40
Reactions
1
Added to the SMSF this week, Resources are clearly out of favour (maybe the best time to buy?) but for a long term hold this low cost ETF gives a bit of everything in the sector which at some stage will come back to life, in the mean time a decent yield and with everything priced in $US a falling $A has got to be offsetting the price falls in the metals and oil.
Sounds fair - best of luck
 

Similar threads

Top