• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Protecting Assets

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Modest, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Modest

Modest $PEPE

Hypothetically speaking if my girlfriend was paying me rent and living with me would she be entitled to my house/apartment as she was renting a room from therefore this technically would protect me after 6 months if she tries to take half my stuff (house for example)?

2. disarray

disarray

3. burglar

burglar

Hi disarray,

Will this rapier sharp response kill the thread?

4. sptrawler

sptrawler

Don't let the little head, over rule the big head.:2twocents

5. FIGJAM

FIGJAM

I looked into this not long ago. There is a website which answers it but I can't remember the link.

From memory as long as she isn't paying bills etc the house is yours.

But as per other members suggestion seek legal advice. If I members the website I'll link it for you

6. young-gun

young-gun

If you're worried, pre-nup. the title Defacto is achieved very easily these days. In fact she would probably be able to get something even if she wasn't defined as a defacto partner.

A guy I work with is about to go through something similar(except he is going to propose soon). He is building a house for them to live in, 'rent' it out to her, and claim he isn't even living in the house - moving back in with mum. He is also getting a pre-nup drawn up. I feel sorry for the poor girl, to me all it shows is lack of commitment and trust.