Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

PLY - PlaySide Studios

System

Administrator
Reaction score
PlaySide Studios Limited was founded in 2011 and is one of Australia's largest independent video game developers, with titles across a range of categories including self-published games based on original intellectual property and games developed in collaboration with major Hollywood studios such as Disney, Warner Bros and Nickelodeon.

PlaySide is based in Melbourne, Australia and has a team of over 70 games creators and other staff. The Company's portfolio consists of 52 titles delivered across 4 platforms: Mobile, Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR) and PC.

Major titles based on PlaySide’s intellectual property include ‘Animal Warfare’, ‘Bits and Ropes’ franchise and ‘AR Dragon’, and the Company has participated in developing titles such as ‘The Lego Batman Movie Game’ (Warner Bros) and ‘Cars: Lightening League’ (Disney/Pixar).

PlaySide plans to drive growth through the release of original gaming titles, new work for hire agreements within its Brands and Licencing division, new partnerships and the emerging Esports market.

It is anticipated that PLY will list on the ASX during December 2020.

Dona Ferentes

κατάσκοπος
Reaction score
so far, so good. IPO last Thursday at 20c a share, still holding up .... opened mid 30's and still 28c

Listing date17 December 2020 11:00AM AEDT ##
Company contact detailshttps://www.playsidestudios.com/
+61 407 880 693
Principal ActivitiesThe development of mobile games that are distributed and downloaded on Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store.
GICS industry groupTBA
Issue Price$0.20
Issue TypeOrdinary Fully Paid Shares
Security codePLY
Capital to be Raised$15,000,000
Expected offer close date7 December 2020
UnderwriterNot underwritten. Canaccord Genuity (Australia) Limited (Lead Manager)

1608536711265.png

Reaction score
Chosen PLY to be my top stock for 2021 in the stock tipping thread. Recent IPO and has gotten a lot of investor support since. The company has already done commission works with the likes of the Aus Government, Disney, Lego, and other notable brands. It’s own apps have done decently well, but I see most of its revenue in 2021 coming from more commission works with big names. I think that they have heaps of room for expansion with both their reputation and revenue in mobile gaming, but also as they’ve highlighted in the IPO prospectus, looking into VR and AR. With the current state of the world and the rapid growth of global digitisation (even more so due to covid), I can see them becoming a large player in 2021.

Reaction score
Not much chatter here but some positive developments recently. :)

This has the potential to be huge. When you look at the hundreds of millions of US dollars that games like Candy Crush and Clash of Clans bring in - this looks very cheap indeed.

Not to mention the current overwhelmingly positive reviews on Steam for Age of Darkness.

fy22.jpg

Also a next generation Playstation 5 & Xbox game in the works from the looks of it.

Not really many ASX gaming developers you can invest in that are actually decent.

greggles

I'll be back!
Reaction score
PLY continuing to outperform, more than doubling in the last month. Revenue continues to increase, as do staff numbers and releases. Am starting to wonder if it may be getting ahead of itself. Listed at 20c last December and over 90c today.

Ann

Reaction score
" Playside Studios (PLY) has closed a heavily oversubscribed $3 million share purchase plan (SPP)
The company’s strongly supported SPP received total subscriptions of just under $13 million, in addition to a successful $25 million placement
Funds raised will be used towards work-for-hire execution, a new studio location on the Gold Coast and metaverse and blockchain research and development
The SPP offer invited eligible shareholders to invest up to a maximum of $30,000 per shareholder at an issue price of 75 cents each
Company shares are up 1.8 per cent at 85 cents "

I find it interesting the price hasn't sunk to match the 75c.

Faramir

Very New Investor
Reaction score
I am picking PLY for Yearly 2022 Tipping because John Athanasiou, Red Leaf Securities chose it as a Buy in:
The Bull 20 Dec 2021 Buy Hold Sell. I know, I should have my own reason but I know nothing about PLY.
PLY is another favourite metaverse company of Red Leaf Securities. The video game developer has a growing client base. The company is at the forefront of blockchain gaming, and recently completed a $28 million capital raising, which enables it to pursue metaverse opportunities.

Last edited: