Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Peter Ryan will bring down the Liberals in Victoria

explod

explod
Reactions
It is with interest, having a good idea of the fundamental goings on behind the Victoria Police, that we see Peter Ryan's Office embroilled in bringing down former CCP Overland. :banghead:

I my view the Liberals have broken the age old rule of interfearing in what is supposed to be by Statute a non-political arm to keep peace and prevent crime.

Interested in other views so that we may get down to detail and explanations as things continue to unravel. :)

moXJO

menace to society
Reactions
It is with interest, having a good idea of the fundamental goings on behind the Victoria Police, that we see Peter Ryan's Office embroilled in bringing down former CCP Overland. :banghead:

I my view the Liberals have broken the age old rule of interfearing in what is supposed to be by Statute a non-political arm to keep peace and prevent crime.

Interested in other views so that we may get down to detail and explanations as things continue to unravel. :)
I thought you left after that hissy fit you threw over the righties

explod

explod
Reactions
I thought you left after that hissy fit you threw over the righties
Off topic.

However what you say deserves an answer so watch the gobbledygook thread later over the weekend as I need to also discuss with wayneL and others some of the comments from the Bloodpressure thread that need tying up.

Back to here,, what about Peter Ryan's Office?

explod

explod
Reactions
Silence is always interesting.

If it was about Jooolia, Swannie or Swampbrown, the majority of you righties would be all over this like a rash.

Now everyone thinks this is about a lowley wet behind the ears senior constable and an excop turned adviser to the Minister. Wrong.

This is about ambitions and egos, that to ensure their career paths set out to undermine and destroy everything in their way. We are in the objective days of self interest above all else, law and order be damned.

There is really so much to it all that one wonders where to start. And my thrust is not actually at the Parliamentary level. My concerns are for the long term integrity of the Victoia Police and the service that the community as a whole deserves. So dont' be scared to have a say.

Anyway, in the relative calm we have here, I will think of the next post over afternoon tea.

Julia

In Memoriam
Reactions
Silence is always interesting.

If it was about Jooolia, Swannie or Swampbrown, the majority of you righties would be all over this like a rash.
Once again, explod, you're rushing to a judgment about anyone who doesn't offer you a response to your comment.

It doesn't seem to occur to you that many of us, especially those who don't live in Victoria, know very little about this situation and are certainly not in a position to make an informed comment.

You have obviously worked for Victoria Police and therefore have a strong interest in what's going on here. Totally understandable.

But please don't have another hissy fit and label non-responders as 'righties' (whatever that is) because the rest of the forum doesn't necessarily share your level of interest.

The only thing I'd say is that few people are surprised any more to learn of corruption whether it's amongst politicians or business. It's endemic in our society, sadly.

explod

explod
Reactions
The only thing I'd say is that few people are surprised any more to learn of corruption whether it's amongst politicians or business. It's endemic in our society, sadly.
And that is the sad truth,"endemic", because we all want everything to sound/be nice and if it is not we move on and ignore the underlying issues.

Politicians are only about trying to keep things nice and pushing into the background those things that are not.

Easier to lock up the hoons than look into why? they became hoons in the first place and do something about that.

Anyway off topic. Still finishing afternoon tea and you will be pleased to know Julia, that the dogs are happy eating their bowow pig trotters.

explod

explod
Reactions
The current demise of the Minister Ryan is a missunderstanding of the Victoria police culture. In essence Vicpol is relatively free of curruption per se. The rank and file do a good sincere job.

The police union is an entirely different matter and it has been used as an instrument of mischief for years. Can explain more on this later.

The appointment of Christeen Nixon to the top job caused huge dismay to the Union but also senior members of the force too. Fairly natural in what had been a male dominated domain. However she stood her ground well and delved into some higher branches of the job who were not getting results and in fact working with the underworld. Her appointment of Simon Overland proved to be a master stroke and he broke up these squads and also took the steam out of the big time underworld crooks about town.

The police representatives are elected to thier positions by the rank and file members. The majority of course are the junior uniformed members and the next largest core are the detectives. This latter group usually form the majority on the uniuon executive which may seem out of kilter, and it is. The junior members of course idolise the detectives who of course get thier vote. This was identified by Force Command as a problem as far back as 1975.

My wife needs to use the puter so I will continue again soon.

explod

explod
Reactions
Add to this CID members who, having gained some rank, prove to be a bit of a problem at that level so are encouraged to take other positions away from the fray such as the Police Union.

Among those who Nixon encountered on her team at Commisioner level were some who had had previous CID experience or strong connections thereto, which added to the growing firepower for the ambitious.

Now no names no pack drill. The fall of Nixon was largely painted as the lack of attention to the bushfires. There is doubt in my mind on this, but that's another subject which has been canvassed well on another ASF thread. Her fall in my view was sown by her dismissal of an Assistant Commissioner, the standing down of another some 12 months previously and the removal of the Association Secretary at the time.

Collectively these three (that I know of, may be more) weilded enormous power and influence both within the Force, with the press and directly into political ears.

Then into the mix comes Sir Ken Jones, obviously a good track record and quick to pick up the cultural power bases. However in his excitement he underestimated a very honest and straight Chief in Overland who was onto him and told him to go.

Then we have a new Government and a new Police Minister, who wants to make things happen and his way. The New Government made few bones about having a high regard for Sir Ken and his fall created a grimace in Spring Street (where our Parliament house is) that the garbage truck driver could see.

It is clear that the scene was set among all of these players to bring Overland down. However Ryan obviously had no idea of what he was playing with here. To have a mere Senior Constable working as a player in his office says a bit about the outcome. In my day at H.Q a Senior Constable was only able to do menial stuff and were often referred to as the gophers, to man the scredder, photocopier and do errands.

So here we are, all the blame for the current demise falls on a gopher and an MP who was also a low ranking policeman.

Need a spell now, but the future of this saga looks interesting in my view.

Questions would be good.

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2011/s3349777.htm

explod

explod
Reactions
In creating this thread awhile back I hoped that justice would prevail one day. It may but will the lessons learned help the system to go back on track to serve the public and not factionalised self interest.

The time has arrived when I believe that this farce will now play out.

One look at Victorian Deputy Premier Ryan on the tellie two days ago told me that here is a man in fear and realizing he was well out of his depth. As said above I knew that from day one.

All of these actions had nothing to do with policing but everything to do with politics. It will prove to be the turning point in the mistakes first introduced by Kennett of getting rid of the checks and balances in their system, the removal of police auditors and direct interference by Government into the Judiciary.

That my friends is the sort of thing taking your freedom away. The Westminster system has served us well for more than 400 years and it has been sad for me to see its crumbling during and post my career.

explod

explod
Reactions
And I do note a lot of Victorian's on ASF

So how about some interest in what are very serious times for democracy ??

IFocus

You are arguing with a Galah
Reactions
How about we start with Ted being pushed by the faceless men of the Liberal party

Reactions
And I do note a lot of Victorian's on ASF

So how about some interest in what are very serious times for democracy ??
It is obvious there is little interest in your thread when you have to try to kick-start it by writing most of the posts yourself.:sleeping:

Even your fellow Greenie, IFocus wants to change the subject

Reactions
It is obvious there is little interest in your thread when you have to try to kick-start it by writing most of the posts yourself.:sleeping:

Even your fellow Greenie, IFocus wants to change the subject
Christine Nixon was a big mistake.

What I find deplorable is that Ted Baillieu was forced to resign by some within the state Lib party.. Ted was/is a good man and I for one will now show these creeps what I think by giving Labor a run (never thought I'd say that)

chops_a_must

Printing My Own Money
Reactions
Christine Nixon was a big mistake.

What I find deplorable is that Ted Baillieu was forced to resign by some within the state Lib party.. Ted was/is a good man and I for one will now show these creeps what I think by giving Labor a run (never thought I'd say that)
I just hope his daughters get into politics.