• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Personal Experiences with Futures Brokers

Discussion in 'Brokers' started by jayinasia, Apr 14, 2011.

1. jayinasia

jayinasia

Hi All. I will be moving to AUS soon and trade futures (specifically US). I'm trading a personally developed trend system that is ALWAYS in the market (important that overnight margins won't kill me). I typically trade 10-15 contracts per trip. I'm looking for a low commission broker with a decent platform. Any suggestions? TIA.

2. Alpha_Bet

Alpha_Bet

Many U.S. based brokerages apply overnight margin requirements in the last 15 mins of the day session. Close day position and reopen position in the afterhours market and intraday margins will be applied.

3. jayinasia

jayinasia

Yeah, I'm well aware of US broker practices however margin requirements are subjective which is why I brought it up. Closing and opening in Globex doesn't fit with my system. I'm looking for an Aussie futures broker with decent margins, low commissions and a decent platform if they exist. Thanks for your reply. :D.

4. Alpha_Bet

Alpha_Bet

In lieu of any other replies/assistance, I think you will find it hard to find a brokerage firm in Australia that will compete with US brokers on commish etc for retail throwing 10-15 cars. Just not the economy of scale here in Australia.