• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

October 2019 Stock Competition Entries!

Discussion in 'ASX Stock Chat' started by Joe Blow, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

Good morning everyone and welcome to the October 2019 stock tipping competition! :)

This month's competition is proudly sponsored by FP Markets.

FP Markets is an Australian owned and ASIC regulated broker with over 12 experience and 35 industry awards including Highest Overall Client Satisfaction 5 years running. They facilitate trading in equities, indices, commodities, futures, Forex and Bitcoin via their MetaTrader4 platform.

FP Markets offer 10,000+ equities, indices and commodities across all major international markets. All equity CFDs are DMA priced and 100% hedged. FP Markets are not a market maker so their interests are aligned with that of their clients. You can go long on everything listed on the ASX and international markets and they have the widest short offering of any Australian broker.

This month there were two entrants who forgot to post in the thread of their stock tip in accordance with the competition rules: @Jack Aubrey, and @tech/a. I will give those two entrants another 24 hours to post in the thread of their competition entry. If they choose to do so then I will add them to the October competition. :)

Could all qualifying entrants please check their entry and entry price and report any errors to me in this thread.

Keep track of the results here: ASF Stock Competition Leaderboard

Feel free to discuss the competition in this thread as the month progresses.

1019start.png

2. tinhat

tinhat Pocket Calculator Operator

I've already lamented my choice of stock for October based on TA. I've stated those thoughts here (in the PNV thread).

I reckon it is going to be a rough month. Good luck to all.

3. debtfree

debtfree

Quick overview of all entries journey at the start of October Comp. Using different chart supplier (free) I'm able to get it to line up with the start date about a week earlier.

Looks like all are updated and lined up with Joe's results which is great.

@Buckfont has raced out to another good lead, can he hang on this month? Sorry the chart is a little large, I will adjust next time.

Oct Comp.png

Buckfont and aus_trader like this.
  4. aus_trader

aus_trader

On hindsight, you should've picked your owned stock mate, ANP seems to be flying up ! Maybe you didn't want the conflict of interest, hence picking PNV which you said you don't own.

By the way, Buckfont has raced off the blocks again, Usain Bolt of Stock Tipping competitions. Maybe you would've been up there with him Tinhat.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  5. debtfree

debtfree

There's been a few good movers over the last couple of days but still nobody has caught @Buckfont, as he is off and gone. Yes @tinhat, your other pick would have you up there but, but, but :speechless:
    Thank you to all that sold off BD1 on me today. :( Not nice at all. @tech/a non entry (SVY) would be coming 2nd if passed entry rules.

Oct Comp 8th.png

6. Buckfont

Buckfont

Thanks debtfree for the effort in putting up these charts. As I said at the end of last months comp. it's one hell of a comp to score the gold medal. 8 days in and still a loong way to go.

aus_trader and debtfree like this.
  7. debtfree

debtfree

End of another week and the visual journey of all entries in the October Comp so far this month. A lot of action up and down by quite a few and as @Buckfont said "still a long way to go" :)

oct comp 11th.png

aus_trader likes this.
  8. Joules MM1

Joules MM1 ....everything has an art

nice graphic, df

any reason tech cannot be added in as an honorary inclusion ?

9. debtfree

debtfree

Thanks @Joules MM1

I gave @tech/a a mention when he would have been in 2nd place in an earlier post, since then he has fell back to 7th.
    If I put Tech's pick in the every chart it would probably open a can of worms where others wouldn't post their thoughts in the stock's thread. I most certainly don't want to undermine Joe's Rules on how to qualify for the Comp. I know Tech wouldn't be worried about this and would say that's fair.
    If anything outstanding happens you might see some little stars in the black sky ;)

explod and aus_trader like this.
  10. tinhat

tinhat Pocket Calculator Operator

ANP peaked too early (up 86% at 7 Oct) now given most of that back.

aus_trader and debtfree like this.
  11. aus_trader

aus_trader

You are right, it has come back down. I spoke too soon I think in an earlier comment...

upload_2019-10-15_3-48-10.png

tinhat and debtfree like this.