• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

November 2019 Stock Competition Entries!

Discussion in 'ASX Stock Chat' started by Joe Blow, Nov 1, 2019.

1. barney

barney

Now, for the record Miner … I have given you a 'like' for such a detailed response … and it is well deserved;)

However, it's Saturday night and I may need to digest the couple of bourbon and cokes (diet of course:rolleyes:) that I have consumed before I can give your response an appropriate response:D

Cheers M8 … have a good weekend:)

Miner and aus_trader like this.
  2. debtfree

debtfree

Another week gone and one to go. @Miner has raced away, do we call him home and hosed? @rcm617 is showing some fight but that is some gap. Only 12 in positive figures, it's a tough month.
    I'm sure you'd be aware @Sdajii that SEA would be coming 3rd if selected. ;) Good luck all.

Annotation 2019-11-22 170401.png

aus_trader, Miner, Trav. and 2 others like this.
  3. rcm617

rcm617

In this volatile market anything can happen, so not giving up hope. Looks like Health Care is still flavour of the month.

barney and debtfree like this.
  4. explod

explod explod

So pleasing to see Miner in front. Such a generous contributed over the years. Hope you have money in it Champ. It's going to win and sorry to you all, and I far behind.

rcm617, debtfree and barney like this.
  5. barney

barney

Ditto :)

explod and debtfree like this.
  6. debtfree

debtfree

@rcm617 ... Sectors so far this month below.

Annotation 2019-11-22 185428.png

Trav., barney, aus_trader and 2 others like this.
  7. aus_trader

aus_trader

barney and debtfree like this.
  8. Sdajii

Sdajii Sdaji

Inelligible though, I think? SEA has been suspended from trade and will never again trade on the ASX.

Miner likes this.
  9. debtfree

debtfree

Thanks for the info @Sdajii I didn't know that, I threw it in the background list at the start of the month and haven't looked at it's individual chart since.

Annotation 2019-11-23 060900.png

aus_trader likes this.
  10. barney

barney

Watched it a bit but never traded it. Haven't played with Oilers since Adelphi. Disappointing for many including yourself Sdajii. Smaller/Junior Oilers are tough on many levels:(

aus_trader likes this.
  11. Sdajii

Sdajii Sdaji

I did extremely well with ADI, EKA and AUT. They were good times. Recently things haven't been so rosey unfortunately. It's very likely I won't touch oil again. Even ignoring all the questionable issues surrounding SEA, I think peak oil demand may be some time around now. Oil will still be used for a good while yet, but if the industry is shrinking there are unlikely to be many good investment opportunities involving it.

12. Miner

Miner

Hi @Sdajii
    Flipping on AsF threads while having an early morning cup of tea at Geneva, I liked your update. Did not follow the trading halt.
    Luckily only recently I believe to have sold out SEA too with a substantial loss but better than total loss. Thanks for your research and dissemination of the same on this forum.
    All the best.

aus_trader, tinhat and barney like this.
  13. tinhat

tinhat Pocket Calculator Operator

I share your sentiment. I have one oil holding, HZN. I'm trying to get out of it. I've had a sell order in for over a month now. I might have to lower it. Each to their own but no more coal or oil for the family super fund. That is the mandate I've been given and I voted for it.

aus_trader likes this.
  14. aus_trader

aus_trader

Have to agree with all of you posters with regards to oil/gas juniors. Otherwise how on earth could FAR be one of the most undervalued plays on the ASX at the moment ? I've been watching it for a while and it just keeps heading down...

Anyway I have only got exposure at the big end of town with a short to medium term WPL trade in my portfolio.

15. Faramir

Faramir Very New Investor

I can’t believe my luck. I had no idea what A4N was going to do. Never had such a positive gain in one month before. Pity I barely know this company’s story. It just seems so speccy to me. How do others pick stocks with massive gains, month after month?

Trav. likes this.
  16. Faramir

Congratulations @Miner and @rcm617 . I am more than happy to hold Bronze for this month and share the podium with both of you. Hope that you don’t think I am some sort of fraud?? :lol

What a difference a week makes.

rcm617 and Trav. like this.
  17. debtfree

debtfree

Visual update of everyone's journey in the November Tipping Comp. Congrats @Miner, @rcm617 and @Faramir who made a late rally. :xyxthumbs
    The journey of the Sectors for the month below if interested.

Annotation 2019-11-29 170743.png

Annotation 2019-11-29 171023.png

Miner, Faramir, peter2 and 2 others like this.
  18. peter2

peter2

@Miner congrats to you for a fine selection this month. However if you're out of the country the prize money may have to be put on the bar for the rest of us to enjoy.

Miner, explod, Faramir and 1 other person like this.
  19. Knobby22

Knobby22 Mmmmmm 2nd breakfast

4th again!

Miner and Faramir like this.
  20. Faramir

At least SPL went up. I wasn’t expecting anything from SPL except sideways consolidation. I sometimes wonder did I do the right thing selling my SPL shares. I needed the funds desperately, so I didn’t have much choice.
    Maybe next month you will pick a better stock.

aus_trader, Miner and Knobby22 like this.