• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Norgate - Gold or Platinum if developing new systems?

Discussion in 'Software and Data' started by Linus van Pelt, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Linus van Pelt

Linus van Pelt

Hi,

I'm new and starting to develop my first system(s).

I plan to go with Norgate as my data provider.

The Norgate packages are here: https://norgatedata.com/stockmarketpackages.php

Gold: History for last 20 years, $198 for 6 months, $360 for 12 months

Platinum: History back to 1992, $346.50 for 6 months, $630 for 12 months, delisted securities back to 1992, historical index constituents (???)

I'm leaning toward Gold. I like the extras of Gold, i.e. current fundamentals, so am not considering Silver.

Do I need all the history of Platinum for back testing if I'm developing new systems? In the Dump It Here thread, @Skate said he had a lot of history during system development, but then dropped the history once his systems were developed.

Thanks for your advice,
    Linus

frugal.rock and Skate like this.
  2. Trav.

Trav.

@Linus van Pelt for me I just use the Gold and find no issues with the amount of data offered. I also don't really use the extras at the moment but like the fact that it is available.

frugal.rock and Linus van Pelt like this.
  3. Warr87

Warr87

I'm only using Silver. When I had premium I had the whole 20years which was good intially. I don't use it now though. The inclusion of fundamentals could be helpful for you too (I don't use them but its another metric to be added if its what you are after). I may upgrade to Gold just for the extras.

frugal.rock and Linus van Pelt like this.