• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Newbie + newsletter services + suitable vehicle for my super

Discussion in 'Beginner's Lounge' started by John H2O, Jul 24, 2014.

1. John H2O

John H2O

G'day im 49 years old and have a fair bit of money tied up in Australian shares via BT Super Wrap. I make the buy/sell decisions and don't have an advisor... I did and he was hopeless. My risk profile is a little above middle of the road and my aim is maximize the value of the fund over the next 15 years or so. Im not the type to dig through balance sheets and research shares from scratch.

Im currently using the Morning Star service and find it okay. Does anyone have experience with Fat Prophets or other services and what are your views on them?

Having my super in BT Wrap costs me about 6K pa vs an estimate 3K for a SMSF but i have been living overseas maybe moving (reluctantly) overseas again and being a non-resident for two years would make a SMSF non complying for me. Does anyone have any recommendations for Super Umbrella type funds i could investigate as an alternative to BT?

Cheers and thanks in advance:)
    John

2. Junior

Junior

Re: Newbe + newsletter services + suitable vehicle for my super

Asgard Infinity eWrap Super is a newer product under the Westpac/BT banner, with much better pricing than BT Wrap but just as much functionality. Worth investigating if they'll allow you to in-specie transfer your shares across so you don't have to sell and repurchase. You may need an adviser to do this, not sure.

Their fees for direct shares are 0.4% plus $300 per annum, this fee applies up to $750k and falls to 0% for balances above this. For the cash or term deposit portion of your account the admin charge is 0%.

3. John H2O

John H2O

Re: Newbe + newsletter services + suitable vehicle for my super

Thanks Junior, i will check this out tomorrow and report back.

4. Tradelikespock

Tradelikespock

I have vast experience with newsletters lol. It's a system of picking stocks just like other trading systems. Heck the S&P 500 is a trading system.

Knowing what I know now, it's your money management that's the key to long term profits and not so much stock picking (or whatever it is you trade/invest in).

Anyway I'm not recommending other services but I am recommending you master money management aspect (a.k.a asset allocation).

5. radson

radson

I am new as well to the share market game. I have signed up with these guys:

http://shares.intelligentinvestor.com.au/

They are quite conservative, china and bank phobic and I like their ethos and writing style. Admit their mistakes and try to identify their biases. Very much a fundamental value based stock pickers.