• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Newbie looking to trade US stocks and US oil

Discussion in 'International Markets' started by DanJ1989, Mar 22, 2016.

1. DanJ1989

DanJ1989

hi traders,

im wondering how i would get into the US market of trading? i'm looking at short-medium term trading and i dont want to take the comsec/ local bank route of US trading as i want to own the stock and being a commercial bank trading fees would be high.

im after an online US broker that will take 10k or less to set up an account AND accept aussie traders.
    how would i go about transferring funds to such a broker as it seems paypal is not an option from my current research.

which method of trading would i have to go through to trade USOIL https://www.tradingview.com/chart/USOIL/, as it seem usoil cant be bought like stock ?

thanks fellas

2. GABaxter

GABaxter

I am in a similar boat as you. Currently eyeing Halifax or Interactive Brokers. Halifax uses IB's TWS platform. IB has requirements of two years experience and a good understanding before letting you open a live trading account.

For converting money to USD, TransferWise is superior to banks on exchange rate, have also seen torfx being mentioned.

Let me know if you find something better.

3. SuperGlue

SuperGlue

4. lRichards

lRichards

i have also been interested in investing on the Us market lately. i found halifax and they seem pretty promising, they also have a demo account to get used to their trading platform. just after any advice from other traders that have done this and been able to trade US stocks