• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

New features on your trading platform

Discussion in 'Trading/Investing Resources' started by jeromejf, Nov 5, 2012.

1. jeromejf

jeromejf

Today i noticed this new feature on my comsec trading platform , i know it must have been there for some time now ... But it is quite a handy feature since they did that upgrade to thier system

It actually now tells you where your trade order position is in the order of getting executed which give you an idea of how soon or how much time it could take before your order is executed.

here is a snap shot
    comsec order position whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.jpg

on the other hand comsec is become a bit slow after upgrade...

any new exciting features release on your platform ?? let me know ..im looking for another ( 2nd) broker right now

BTW it was a buy for CTP @ 0.17
    cheers
    jeff

2. Joules MM1

Joules MM1 ....everything has an art

check your add-on(s) under the tools section of your browser....more often than not the add-on within that/the browser is the culprit for speed handicap

3. prawn_86

prawn_86 Mod: Call me Dendrobranchiata

Netwealth has had this feature for at least the last 5 years

4. CanOz

CanOz Home runs feel good, but base hits pay bills!

Isn't this called depth??:confused:

Attached Files:

5. prawn_86

prawn_86 Mod: Call me Dendrobranchiata

Its more showing your order in the queue/depth, as opposed to just knowing the total depth.

I have never traded on a frequency where it really matters, but i know my broker has had this feature on stocks for years and years

6. skc

skc Goldmember

For some it is impossible to trade without this feature... then again, those who trade that way wouldn't be using Comsec in the first place.

7. Joules MM1

Joules MM1 ....everything has an art

no, youre looking at total size per level v the actual number you are in the que.....

the only value an individual buyer/seller might gleen is theyre not being front run.....bahaha...

edit: i should say "implied" size ......coz we know how orders get yanked...... :cry:

8. Gringotts Bank

Gringotts Bank

Bell Direct. Full depth with sub levels and indicator showing where you are placed.

The visual depth bars at the sides was a feature I suggested a few years back, and they actually incorporated it much to my surprise. They are less responsive to feedback nowadays I've noticed.

Attached Files:

9. nulla nulla

nulla nulla Positive Expectancy

Protrader and comsecIress (accessed through comsec's "trading" menu) have had this facility for donkeys years. It is only since they upgraded the basic comsec site that the standard depth screens can be expanded to show where your order is.

With the Iress depth screen, if you hover the curser over the buyers/sellers you can see where your order is without opening up the depth screen to the expanded level. It helps if you trade a volume that is identifiable from the rest though.