• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

New ANZ share trading account (CMC platform)

Discussion in 'Brokers' started by peter2, Sep 25, 2018.

1. peter2

peter2

I'm unable to access the new ANZ trading platform. Log in page times out before loading.

Would someone please confirm or not.

2. peter2

peter2

Actually got through their phone system and talked to real person!
    Platform is down.

3. tmstu

tmstu

Apart from timing out a couple of times and one weird java error it's been working for me.

I did trade yesterday and they sent me a LOT of emails including one for every parcel traded. If I trade 100 shares I don't really want to know brought or sold 3 shares then 5 then 1 then 15 then......

I have a CMC account using the same platform and while I get messages on the platform for every parcel traded I don't get an email. Hopefully I can find an option to adjust the volume of emails.

4. exberliner1

exberliner1

Total disaster for me.

I have been unable to log in all day today.

This is unacceptable so after 12 years with ANZ I will move my account.

ANZ is out of the market now having sold all their accounts to CMC and CMC are unable to supply a working a website, which for an on-line broker is a complete failure.

5. peter2

peter2

Thanks for replying. I've been unable to log in all day.
    Traded once yesterday and like you, received heaps of emails.
    I also had problems logging into another account, the log in page kept opening the same account without showing the normal log in options. It seems there's a timer on this function which must be fixed.

I agree, it's a poor introduction and another example of poor IT implementation. Remember the last census debacle.

6. PZ99

PZ99 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Using the normal website took ages to log on but it was right by the start of trading.

I too had the issue of re-opening the same account unwillingly although I fixed that by deleting the cookies from the site so now I get the choice of which account I can log in with.

I'll wait until next month before using the pro platform thingy. It'll take me that long to delete all those emails I copped today.

peter2 likes this.
  7. peter2

peter2

Like you, I'm motivated to start looking elsewhere.
    Commsec is my option of last resort as their rates are too high.
    IB, Saxo aren't an option as I won't allow my SF equity assets to be controlled by others (not CHESS).
    That only leaves part timers and wannabe online brokers who have been in the business less than I've been trading.

ps: Thanks for the cookie cleaning tip.

8. tech/a

tech/a No Ordinary Duck

9. peter2

peter2

Another option is Bell Direct an ASF sponsor. Hmm..

10. captain black

captain black

If you decide to sign up with Bell Direct Pete make sure you have a thorough read through the Cash Account PDS. Deposits are held as secured notes and in the event of a default by Bell Potter (as unlikely as that would be) you may become an unsecured creditor for part of or the full balance in your cash account. Any shareholding is Chess protected.

Protections for Australian investors and traders are a joke. The best we can do is spread the risk.

aus_trader, peter2 and kid hustlr like this.
  11. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

I'll be leaving ANZ Share Investing too. I tried to log in yesterday with my usual account number and password and I got locked out when my password wasn't recognised. I tried to call them but hung up after being on hold for more than an hour. They have botched this platform move and there is absolutely no reason why a Big 4 bank should have stuffed up something like this.

They just don't care and they aren't interested in customer service. A business like that doesn't deserve clients.

12. chips88

chips88

I had this issue yesterday, was on hold in the morning for an hour and a half and gave up, tried again around 4PM and stuck it out for around the same amount of time all to be told to reset my password.

Give that a go see how you get on.

greggles likes this.
  13. hallph

hallph

I'm moving to openmarkets, their pulse platform is quite nice. CMC are rubbish. Their basic platform tends to work better when their pro platform refuses to co-operate.

So now I use a mix of IG, CMC, IB, and CMC. Spread the risk

aus_trader and captain black like this.
  14. captain black

captain black

Agreed. Pulse is brilliant plus Open Markets have a good range of Cash Accounts you can use.

+1

15. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

Thanks Chips! The problem is I haven't kept my mobile number up-to-date so I need to contact them by phone to update it. I'm guessing that the majority of ANZ Share Investing users are Etrade refugees like myself who found themselves at ANZ after Etrade was rebranded. It's been about 10 years since I've needed to get an SMS from them but unfortunately I need to do it to reset my password.

Neetz and chips88 like this.
  16. leyy

leyy ley

I have been using CMC markets for over 10 years and have been happy with them.

I only use it to perform trades, I use other programs and software for charting and research.

Although may look at open markets, its looks promising.

17. leyy

leyy ley

Came across selfwealth last night when browsing and they seem to a very cheap no frills broker.
    The trades are executed by open markets.

https://www.selfwealth.com.au/

aus_trader likes this.
  18. lenny

lenny

I've just moved to open markets with a bank west CMA and I'm pretty happy.

Using IB for US stocks and OM for ASX.

hallph likes this.
  19. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

I finally got my ANZ Share Investing account sorted out. The customer service representative sounded a little sheepish and conceded that he had faced an onslaught of angry clients this week, some of whom had told him that they intended to report ANZ to the Financial Ombudsman Service as a result of this colossal stuff up.

When I told him that I had been reading that the new ANZ platform is just a white-labelled CMC Markets platform he replied that I "wasn't supposed to know that" but conceded that it was.

I haven't decided where I'm going but I'm definitely out of ANZ. They simply don't deserve my business after mishandling something as critical as a share trading platform migration.

20. peter2

peter2

Finished my month end reconciliation. I always like to see the account balances match my spreadsheet. The accounting debits and credits in the CMC reconciliation between trading account and bank account is an absolute "dogs breakfast". There's heaps of reversals between debit and credit.

Have you noticed that we've been given 10 free trades? They're on a separate tab in the account section. They've been handy as I had a few partial fill orders before the switch.

Don't leave until you've use the freebies. btw there's been absolutely no notice of these freebies. Poor marketing.

Neetz likes this.