• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Need replacement for Fairfax Media's Trading Room free program

Discussion in 'Software and Data' started by phildo99, Apr 14, 2016.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

1. phildo99

phildo99

Have been searching for weeks to find anything similar as the excellent 'tradingroom' website which includes the necessary fields of 'dividend amount' and 'dividend date payable'. Have constructed my own spreadsheet using google sheets but there are no google finance fields for dividend date etc so thats turned out to be dead end. also google sheets have problems reloading the google finance data.
    Thank you:eek::)

2. Gringotts Bank

Gringotts Bank

SMH business is pretty much identical, except quotes 20 min delayed.

3. pixel

pixel DIY Trader

For dividend-related info, I've always gone to the very source:
    http://www.asx.com.au/asx/markets/dividends.do?by=asxCodes&asxCodes=anz+bhp+cab+rio&view=all

I agree though, Tradingroom offered far more information: for starters, they had the complete history, whereas ASX only shows the last year or two. TR is also enormously faster to access from Excel. So, I'm really sad to see it disappear. I guess poor old Fairfax could no longer afford the upkeep...

4. phildo99

phildo99

after many weeks still not able to find a suitable replacement for 'Trading Room'
    have now tried to develop a excel sheet that takes data from various sources including ASX dividend data and this works except for one crucial missing point
    the ASX dividend data is not expressed as a proper mathematical currency when it comes across as when u look at the ASX dvidend data they stupidly add the 'c' to indicate cents for dividend so it like 54c or 23c which cant then be multiplied by the number of shares held to get a proper dividend amount
    also they even worse show very small half cents as 1.5c which is even worse for data manipultion.
    So im stuck

5. Gringotts Bank

Gringotts Bank

Did you even read my reply above??

http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/quotes/dividends/BHP/bhp-billiton-limited

6. luutzu

luutzu

Excel have those replace function you can use to remove 1 or x number of character from left or right.

7. pixel

pixel DIY Trader

Looks like you need help with Excel. Which is what I've been providing for over 2 decades :) String manipulation is best done with macros. As is data import from reference websites. Dates displayed in green are in the past; red dates are to look forward to. For those upcoming dates, I also calculate the yield of the expected grossed-up dividend on the basis of "if bought at today's price"

DiviSheet.png

and

DiviHist.png
    Anybody interested: Drop me a PM.