• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

My greatest investment

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by VeryGreen, Jun 15, 2016.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

1. VeryGreen

VeryGreen

I've long said my wife is my greatest investment.

Unlike myself, she's very intellectual and is doing her doctorate as I type. Hopefully in our later years when I am unable to keep up on the tools I can come and work for her in her pharmacy :)

But! Here is the clincher. The amount of stuff she's won for me is astounding.
    It started when she was upset that I was the main bread winner. Working hard to accumulate 2 investment properties and our own family home. She felt like she needed to contribute while she was studying and having kids. Of course I didn't really care. She is my lady and I'm happy to be the bread winner while she takes care of the important task of mothering.

Anyway, as a joke I said you could always become one of those competition winning house wives I seen on ACA.

So she did.

Within 8 months she had won about $10k worth of tax free merchandise. Although she doesn't "COMP" as hard as she did in the beginning she still brings in a swag of prizes.

For instance. about a year ago she won me a brand new lenovo yoga pro2. Not happy with that she then won herself one. We are the proud owners of 3 coffee machines, with neither of us drinking coffee (they'll be sold off on gumtree or Facebook buy&sell pages). She won a $1000 flight centre voucher just as we decided we were going to go to QLD for a holiday. Pre-paid credit cards, she's won $500, $500, and $1000. I love fishing/camping so she won me 2 new eskii's and an oz-trail fold up chair. She won a samsung edge phone which she sold for $800 because yes, she had already won us both phones.

All up I'd estimate she's won at least $20,000 worth of valuable prizes and about another $30,000 in useless runner up prizes that have the value overstated.

So if anyone there is sitting at home injured and unable to work or has a partner who can't work for some reason (like mine, we have a 3yr old and 6month old) then I would seriously look at getting onto the comp forums and have a look around. Set up a temp email though, the spam is horrendous!

2. VeryGreen

VeryGreen

And I forgot the other two big ones she's won recently.

$1000 Target voucher (was a matel voucher but they didn't honor it so target did)
    $1000 Michael hill voucher

3. skc

skc Goldmember

Lol... a great story. I hope you continue your winning ways.

4. sptrawler

sptrawler

Are you interested in wife swapping?:D

The only condition is, you can't swap back, there are absolutely no refunds or returns. :1zhelp:

Jeez, I hope the other half, doesn't know my forum name. lol

5. drsmith

drsmith

What ever happened to Burnsey ?

He used to post about his wife (or was it ex ?)

6. VeryGreen

VeryGreen

lol I'll need to see the paperwork :D

7. VeryGreen

VeryGreen

But seriously, if you've got the time there are a mountain of prizes out there. My wife made a "new" Facebook account and a competition email account. Otherwise you get swamped by spam or you end up losing all your Facebook friends with your "like & share our picture to win" posts.

I tell you what though, I love my yoga2 laptop. It's pretty cool for a prize. Before that my laptop was about 8 years old haha.

8. dutchie

dutchie

I was wondering is it better to use Technical Analysis or Fundamental Analysis when investing in a new wife?

9. So_Cynical

So_Cynical The Contrarian Averager

I thought this was funny at first but then thought about it a little and realized that i used a little of both when i selected my wife, fundamentally she had all the qualities that i valued and was technically trending in the right direction, after years of consolidation was approaching a breakout point.

Used some discretion and turns out i entered the relationship at the right time, paying dividends now. :D

10. skc

skc Goldmember

It's not just the analysis. You need to consider your risk/reward. If you get that right, then over hundreds of wives you will come out ahead.

11. noirua

noirua

My greatest investments were the Rundle Twins, Central and Southern Pacific - if inflation is taken into account: If not, St Barbara Mines in the mid nineties.