• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Most liked posts in thread: My (Automated) Investment Journey

1. KnowThePast

KnowThePast

An important factor in deciding on a strategy is how well it performed before. While past performance is no indication of future results, looking at backtest results of many strategies can help decide which one is more likely to outperform going forward. I am not married to any one strategy – I’ve decided to run with this one now, I will almost certainly switch to others in the future.

Here are the results, had someone used this strategy to invest over the last 14 years, compared to the index:

chart.png

Risk/Return metrics:

risk.png

Monthly performance (this strategy was less volatile than most):

monthly.png

In a few days, I’ll start investing into this strategy on a weekly basis. As always, I appreciate any feedback/challenges/questions/criticism to keep me sharp and honest.

CanOz, BlindSquirrel, sasch and 6 others like this.
  2. KnowThePast

KnowThePast

I've been travelling for 2 weeks and haven't had a chance to update the portfolio.

All stocks still in, no sell recommendations from the strategy. Bought AGL, BLD and AUB. Current holdings below:

Capture.PNG

3. KnowThePast

KnowThePast

This week, added SMR and PGX.

The buy filter is now looking empty, with about 60% of funds invested so far.

The way Piotroski score is calculated, it is unlikely there will be many new buying opportunities until the next set of annual reports. I will keep updating this thread with regular updates, as well random thoughts on automated investing.

4. KnowThePast

KnowThePast

Another exciting week!

We've now integrated with Sharesight, those of you who use it for your portfolios can now link them directly to Forwardcaster. The integration is now in beta, will be officially launched in a few weeks.

As for this portfolio, I've added BRG, CUV and CLV to the portfolio, starting to fill up.

Capture.PNG

BlindSquirrel, jjbinks and Skate like this.