Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Music To My Ears

Reactions
this thread is a diversion from the trading posts, but i thought i'd like to post up the music i'm listening to in one collective group; my music gets lost amongst 100s of other posts when posted to the ASF Music Thread

Reactions
here's a song i'm enjoying, written and sung by Eddie Vedder.

It tells the true story of Chris McCandless, a wanderer, who ventured into the Alaskan wilderness, never to return. Chris shunned societys' excesses and the hollow existence it gave birth to.

I highly recommend the book, "Into the Wild" by Jon Krakauer.

Reactions
i was never an Idol fan, but always thought Bobby was brilliant, . . . very unique individual i think

Trembling Hand

Can be found on the bid
Reactions
Nice stuff James. Musics plays a big part in my day. Just settles the anticipation and relaxes you for the battle ahead ;-)

Love that version of hurt, but you do know its not johnny's song its a nine inch nails originally.

helps me to find some perspective, . . . . switch mood

yes, i know, i recall reading that Reznor said after hearing JCs version, "hurt is johnny's song now"

Reactions
don't know how i've managed to reformat your post there TH, sorry . . . . wasnt intended

Reactions
on Planet Bobby, everyone wears make-up, and too much of it.

But that's ok. The music's good.

Joules MM1

....everything has an art
Reactions
this selection of authentic works by David Schenkel
David has had a lot challenges with brain tumors and is in recovery mode
told he'd prob never play again and have severe memory loss, David has gone onto record this
great set of story-telling acoustic pieces
the recording consists of him on steel strung dreadnought 2 mics and a laptop
while it maybe raw and low-fi production in parts that rawness serves the storyline of David's playing

https://soundcloud.com/david-schenkel-arti

Reactions
Why is heroes "unavailable" ? I saw it yesterday !! What gives ?

Reactions
Rare Birds by Jonathon Wilson is a sonic masterpiece. The album definitely benefits from good speakers/headphones and mines some different sounds that seem heavily influenced by Todd Rundgren. It takes a few listens, then you cant put it down

I'll give you two songs and let you go off and find the album yourself