Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Multiple stock brokers

Reactions
I have an account with Bell direct which I actively trade with. I am thinking of opening an additional account with commsec as well. From what I am reading online, it looks like I can do this (please correct me if wrong). I don't believe that I will trade through them (Bell direct is cheaper). I may trade a couple of times during the introductory period for free, but they would be trades, rather then buy and holds.

Generally I would like access to the analysis tools they have there. Does anyone know if they take these away if you are not an active trader? I know with Bell direct, they have bell direct gold, where if you trade at least 5 times during the month, you get free access to their technical analysis through recognia the following month. Is it similar?

Are there any other hidden fees there? I'm looking though all the statements they have and it looks pretty clear from what I am seeing? I do not have a commonwealth bank account at all if that makes a difference.

ta,
from the clueless newbie

tech/a

No Ordinary Duck
Reactions
I have an account with Bell direct which I actively trade with. I am thinking of opening an additional account with commsec as well. From what I am reading online, it looks like I can do this (please correct me if wrong). I don't believe that I will trade through them (Bell direct is cheaper). I may trade a couple of times during the introductory period for free, but they would be trades, rather then buy and holds.

Generally I would like access to the analysis tools they have there. Does anyone know if they take these away if you are not an active trader? I know with Bell direct, they have bell direct gold, where if you trade at least 5 times during the month, you get free access to their technical analysis through recognia the following month. Is it similar?

Are there any other hidden fees there? I'm looking though all the statements they have and it looks pretty clear from what I am seeing? I do not have a commonwealth bank account at all if that makes a difference.

ta,
from the clueless newbie

Well I can tell you one thing for sure.
The "Canned" Technical Analysis available on these platforms will be next to totally useless.
Particularly if your not a practitioner.
If your a practitioner they will be simply useless.

Reactions
understood and thanks tech/a. My investments are based on fundamentals at this point, but am trying to learn more of the technical analysis side to to improve this. I have been reading and practicing with charts, but I do like having the automated analysis there. Generally if I see something come up on a stock I am already interested in, I check to see if it is valid by looking at the whole picture.

plus I find the charts on bell direct are pretty useless.

tech/a

No Ordinary Duck
Reactions
I only trade charts.

But I don't use ANY canned indicators and very little commonly used Technical analysis techniques.
If you want better than average results you have to be better than average in your analysis---whatever that is!