• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

MT4 EA Alarm

Discussion in 'Trading/Investing Resources' started by TheBigKangaroo, Nov 8, 2018.

1. TheBigKangaroo

TheBigKangaroo

Hello Fellow Frustrated
    I am wondering if anyone has or knows of an EA that simply provides an alarm (just on screen will do) that I can set on a FX pair and receive an alarm if say the price varies say 10 cents, dollars,pips or whatever from the current set price. I dont want it to take any action, just give me an alarm. I am with Admiral Markets (broker) and they have this EA but I for the life of me can not get it to work or get suitable assistance. I know such an EA must be everywhere but .... Maybe I am having a 'man look'.
    To avoid less than pleasant replies, I am old but a newbie trader so please be just a litlle more kind than you ordinarily would. !!
    Thanks all

2. peter2

peter2

I assume you've loaded the EA into the experts folder of your MT4. You'll know this if you can see it in the Expert Advisors menu in the Navigator panel.

Once you've dragged the EA onto a chart you should see a smiley if all is OK. If there's a frown then it's most likely that you'll need to allow automated trading. This is located in the options section (in the tools menu) under the Expert Advisors tab.

3. TheBigKangaroo

TheBigKangaroo

Hi Peter. The EA is correctly loaded and works but does not do what I want it to do. Do you use this EA and if so, can you tell me which options would do what I wanted Thank you

4. peter2

peter2

Sorry. I don't use or know that EA.

I notice that the charts must be open for most alerts to work. I have an alert on another panel but don't get the alerts unless I open the chart with the EA on it.

5. TheBigKangaroo

TheBigKangaroo

hanks again Peter. Are you aware of any EA of utility that would serve my purpose.

cheers

6. barney

barney

Hi @TheBigKangaroo ….. I don't use EA's but the standard "Alerts" feature in the "Terminal" section of MT4 should be all you need if you just want to set a price and receive a sound alert when that price is reached …… You can set as many Alerts as you like. Let me know if unsure. Cheers.

7. TheBigKangaroo

TheBigKangaroo

Hi Barney. Thanks for that. I had no idea it could be done on MT4. It still is a bit cumbersome for exactly what I am trying to achieve so I will put a post on a site in good Ol' Merica and see what I can find.
    I hope the charts are headin in thr right direction for you

8. barney

barney

It may not be as cumbersome as you think;)

Once you have your initial Alerts set on your chosen FX Pair(s) it becomes very quick to adjust on MT4.

Your set Alert (which takes a few seconds to fill in once you are familiar with it) then gives you a "strike" line on the Chart of your "alerted" Pair.

Once set you can simply drag and drop the "line" to wherever you like on the Chart to create a new "price level" …… this takes only a couple of seconds

So you could effectively re-set a dozen Alert lines in a minute or so:cool: ….. that's pretty effective:) ….