• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Motivational videos

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by greggles, Jan 6, 2019.

1. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

I'm setting a couple of goals for myself this year and I've been watching some motivational videos to get myself pumped up. I've been finding them really useful in helping to get my head in the right place. My mindset has been needing some work for some time.

It's easy for your mind to get weighed down with negative thoughts. Sometimes those around us can also be discouraging. We fall into the trap of thinking that we can't, rather than we can. But that's just our own mind playing tricks on us. Of course we can, as long as we are prepared to work hard enough to achieve whatever it is that we are setting out to accomplish.

To start things off, here's a short but positive message from Ray Dalio about confronting your own weaknesses.

Feel free to post any videos that have inspired or motivated you in some way. This thread can be a repository of positivity that we can turn to whenever we need some. :xyxthumbs

Darc Knight and Skate like this.
  2. Darc Knight

Darc Knight Investor not Trader

"Don't die with the Music in you!"

3. basilio

basilio

4. Darc Knight

@greggles have you read anything of Anthony Robbins? If you can find his Book "Giant Steps", it's a smaller almost summary of his "Awaken the giant within" book. While I haven't looked at the motivation book market in over 10 years or more, Robbins did always seem to be by far the most educated on the science (psychology and physiology) of motivation and achievement.

5. Darc Knight

6. Darc Knight

But if you're playing Footy, this is one of the great motivational speeches of all time :D

greggles likes this.
  7. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

No I haven't, but I should. I just did a search and found a pdf version of his book Awaken the Giant Within so I'll check that out. I've only just started on this journey of exploring the power of my own mind so I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos because they're very available and free. There's some great stuff out there and I'll share useful videos in this thread as I find them. Positive reinforcement is important when you are trying to ditch old habits and harness your true potential.

Never Give up