Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

MGX - Mount Gibson Iron

Reaction score
Dont you wish you had a crystal ball, i was going to buy-into MGX on the 5th December at around 23c..

Have a look at it now!

Do you have any stocks that you were tracking or contemplating buying over the last few months, that you thought..'if only' ??

Attachments

Reaction score
Re: MGX

SEE, what the steel price is out of BRAZIL..its doubled in price to NIPPON...this company share price will rise how far..I DO NOT KNOW..STEEL could rise up to 100%..this year..what a boon to the industry..CHINA will set the benchmark..and all I know its a lot higher than last year.. :2twocents

Reaction score

was gonna buy portman at around $1.80, now its over $3.80 from memory :(

oh yeah, and was gonna get in on the BNB float at $5.00, its now around $11.00

Reaction score

Put on another 12% today to close at a high of $0.91.

Brokers set a six month target of $1.20 last week... based on the number of buyers and sheer volume going through (hasn't dipped below 5million for weeks)... this could be realised much sooner!

C'mon BHP... pull in a bigger price rise for the good ol' Iron Ore!

Reaction score

Chicken i heard Brazil put up prices to Japan 97% , we've put up prices around 100% and China will take anyhthing japan doesnt want.

It used to be that the companies had a hard time increasing prices to Japan...not any more.

Reaction score

Can someone tell me why this company has had such a significant increase in price over the last 2-3 months? Its jumped over 300%, But i cant see any announcements which would sugest this kind of thing.

Reaction score

In addition to my last question, why did MGX lose such a huge ammount of value in the years between Jan 94 and Jan 01?

Reaction score

The reason for MGX going up, up and away is mainly because they have since April 2004 actually started shipping out their product ( iron ore ) from Geraldton WA - about 3 ships a month on an average each carrying between 50000 ~ 60000 metric tonnes to China.

In addition to this, MGX has an agreement with a 'dedicated' consignee to buy their high quality pelletised ore for a number of years - The ore mined by MGX is of a quality which costs less to be processed into steel products.

Also MGX and Asia Iron Holdings - a mainland China outfit have locked into a joint venture which appears to be a win-win situation for both parties.

NinjO I hope this is of some use to you!

Reaction score

Interesting information there Sea Dog, much appreciated. If that is the case, and there mines are going to be performing better in the future, is it not a certaintly that MGX will increase their value substantially?, except of course if some kind of disaster happend(by this i mean the unexpected).

Reaction score

Hi elninjO - MGX total output is not significant enough ( they are hoping
for 3 million tonnes annually by the end of 2006 ) to warrant much of
any further sharp rise

MGX has been up, up and away in the last 6 weeks or so - hopefully
it will continue to go up altho' mu opinion is that it may be slow and steady
( if it goes up any further )

Reaction score

I was going to buy Caltex @ around $8 a share. It's still probably a good buy at $15 around share though.

Reaction score

Sea Dog said:
Hi elninjO - MGX total output is not significant enough ( they are hoping
for 3 million tonnes annually by the end of 2006 ) to warrant much of
any further sharp rise

MGX has been up, up and away in the last 6 weeks or so - hopefully
it will continue to go up altho' mu opinion is that it may be slow and steady
( if it goes up any further )
Sea Dog, what if the price of iron ore goes up again?, which I find it very doubtful that it wont go up, in the situation with china, its going to keep booming for quite some time.

Reaction score

Anyone have some ideas as to why the price of MGX dropped by around 10% today?

Reaction score

The Barbarian Investor said:
Hi el-Ninjo

bought in at 0.73c..hopefully it proves to be a good move
Good move, wish I had the patience to wait as you did. Impatience doesn't get ya too far in the market. Hasn't for me yet anyway, :)