Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

MetaTrader 4: Buying with loss

Reaction score
Hey all, might be a stupid question but I'm new to the game so please be nice ;)

I'm currently using a Demo Account (AlpariUK) practicing trading Forex using Meta Trader 4.

When I trade in Meta Trader it's never at the current market price?
Using single click trading... If i was to buy/sell respectively the USD/EUR or something similar as soon as I take action I am already instantly at a $5- $10 loss? Although the price hasn't even moved.

Only reason I ask this is it is messing up my stop losses also. They are closing many pips prematurely because of this.

Thanks guys,

Reaction score
Hey all, might be a stupid question but I'm new to the game so please be nice ;)

I'm currently using a Demo Account (AlpariUK) practicing trading Forex using Meta Trader 4.

When I trade in Meta Trader it's never at the current market price?
Using single click trading... If i was to buy/sell respectively the USD/EUR or something similar as soon as I take action I am already instantly at a $5- $10 loss? Although the price hasn't even moved.

Only reason I ask this is it is messing up my stop losses also. They are closing many pips prematurely because of this.

Thanks guys,

No genuine question is ever stupid:)

Just checking you understand the terms "Brokerage" "Spread" "Bid" and "Offer" ..... When you make a trade, you have to pay your Broker a fee for the privilege of him being able to take your money:rolleyes::D

Google search all those terms and it should make sense fairly quickly

Reaction score
No genuine question is ever stupid:)

Just checking you understand the terms "Brokerage" "Spread" "Bid" and "Offer" ..... When you make a trade, you have to pay your Broker a fee for the privilege of him being able to take your money:rolleyes::D

Google search all those terms and it should make sense fairly quickly

Oh yep! Of course... I just realised how ridiculous my question was. Ah well :bonk:
Thanks for your help mate