• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Merry Christmas 2018

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sptrawler, Dec 21, 2018.

1. sptrawler

sptrawler

Merry Christmas everyone, a lot of us will be heading off for the Christmas break today, so I would like to thank you all for another great year of Knowledge and banter.

A special thank you to Joe, for maintaining an orderly, informative, civil and friendly forum.
    In a lot of ways you are supplying a public service, I know it helps me immensely, so thanks again.
    Most of all, be safe everyone, catch you later.
    Or as Kev would say, "I've got to zip", what a dick.:roflmao:

Tink, barney, IFocus and 7 others like this.
  2. Logique

Logique Investor

Thanks to all, especially Joe, another year gone. Not much sunshine for investors compared to 12 months ago, although we can perhaps fill up at the petrol bowser without needing a line of credit.

General Chat came under fire during the year, and fair enough too, although ASF wouldn't be nearly as much fun without it.

Sad to lose Pixel during the year.

barney, IFocus, Joe Blow and 5 others like this.
  3. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

You beat me to it. I was going to start this thread later today.

Merry Christmas everyone! Thank you once again for your company and your contributions to ASF this year. It's been a challenging year for ASF and for me personally but I am hoping for better things in 2019. I hope you'll all join me here again in the new year to keep the conversation going. There will be a few important milestones in the coming year. 2019 will mark ASF's fifteenth birthday and the year we finally hit one million posts, as well as the year of another website redesign. I intend to work closely with the community on how the new ASF will look and feel, so I hope you'll join me for that. There's lots to look forward to.

Please be safe over the holiday season and drive carefully. There are too many texting and Facebook checking drivers these days so be extra vigilant on the roads. Otherwise, enjoy the festive cheer and don't forget to drink plenty of water to avoid those nasty hangovers if you plan on imbibing! :hungover:

You're welcome. :xyxthumbs

Indeed it was. He was a true gentleman in every sense of the word and his kindness and willingness to lend a hand is sorely missed, as is his insightful TA and those legendary yellow boxes on his charts.

Tink, barney, Trav. and 7 others like this.
  4. SirRumpole

SirRumpole

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all, especially Joe for keeping the place going !

RIP Pixel, Julia and other departed members that we don't know are gone.

Tink, barney, IFocus and 5 others like this.
  5. dutchie

dutchie

Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to all.

And the steadfast Captain cried out, as the ship began to sink, "Fear not lads, just go short!"

barney, IFocus, Logique and 4 others like this.
  6. So_Cynical

So_Cynical The Contrarian Averager

Merry Xmas & HNY to all.

2018 was a great year right up until October, lucky i did a little bit of selling, should of done a lot more..

IFocus, Joe Blow, Darc Knight and 2 others like this.
  7. Smurf1976

Smurf1976

Best wishes to everyone for a safe and happy Christmas / New Year period and whatever you're doing after that. Plus a special thank you to Joe for making this forum happen.

At a personal level family circumstances are a bit unfortunate however the show is going on regardless and there's thousands of lights on and out the front of my new house for the enjoyment of whoever chooses to look at them.

Everyone says to drive safely so I'll repeat it. Better to be a bit late than dead. Plus it's the time of year for giving and sharing so spend some $ on a taxi / Uber if you're drinking.

Now we just need to get the market sorted out....... :xyxthumbs

SirRumpole, barney, IFocus and 3 others like this.
  8. Darc Knight

Darc Knight Investor not Trader

Merry Christmas everyone. And for those who don't celebrate Christmas, happy Festivus

[​IMG]

barney, mcgrath111, IFocus and 2 others like this.
  9. IFocus

IFocus You are arguing with a Galah

Where did that year go..............oh well Merry Xmas everyone give those close to you a big hug.

barney, explod and Darc Knight like this.
  10. sptrawler

sptrawler

Im in Mandurah over Xmas, so I will keep an eye open for a galah carrying a fat wallet. Lol

barney, explod, Miner and 2 others like this.
  11. qldfrog

qldfrog

I join and wish you all a great Christmas time.stay safe enjoy and yes a bit of overdoing maybe but hey, it is celebration time
    Thanks all and especially Joe

Skate, barney, explod and 1 other person like this.
  12. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all have a relaxing holiday break and come back next year pumped up and ready for what is shaping up to be a very interesting 2019! :xyxthumbs

Skate, barney, explod and 1 other person like this.
  13. Darc Knight

Darc Knight Investor not Trader

Stay safe if going to the Beach. Swim betweens the Flags. Already saw one Bloke next to me needing to be rescued this morning - a lot of water moving about here on the Goldy.
    Slip, slop, slap too!

qldfrog, Skate and explod like this.
  14. IFocus

IFocus You are arguing with a Galah

Haha risky carrying a fat wallet down here you will get mugged :):) just joking there are some poorer areas (sure you would know) but as a rule every one is pretty good the Forum will be full today as everyone will be trying to escape the heat can be an education in the various socioeconomic demographics of the area.

Hope you enjoy the stay lots of nice areas to walk and hang out these days the coffee and food has improved over the years.

Merry Xmas SP

PS. Watch out for the jumping shark at Avalon :)

15. Miner

Miner

Merry Christmas and a rewarding Happy New Year Folks.
    Thanks to Joe for your patience to keep a quality job under few hurdles and especially when the market goes towards Albany (south) from Yanchep (north in Perth).
    I lost some good posters like Julia and Pixel in 2018.

I live in Sorrento WA - north of the river.
    With this note, I am requesting the ASF subscribers living in Perth, if we can have a small catch up and excuse for a coffee or beer whatever? I know SKC lives next suburb probably but was not available last time.
    Joe, do you support to have a zone get together (just BYO beer) over a coffee /beer in each state for the ASF posters and it will be fun and educative too?

Skate, barney, Joe Blow and 2 others like this.
  16. sptrawler

sptrawler

I can remember when the Sorrento caravan park, was as far North, as the West Coast highway went. lol
    Jeez I'm getting old.:eek:

explod and jbocker like this.
  17. jbocker

jbocker

Merry Christmas to all. Have a great time with family and friends that are special to you. I am sure you are special to them. Thanks to Joe, I enjoy the ASF.

I will be under a tree Christmas day overlooking Perth from Kings Park with my dear wife children partners and grandies. Couldn't ask for more than that.

If there becomes a time that ASF Perth-ites get together please PM me.

Skate, barney, Joe Blow and 3 others like this.
  18. basilio

basilio

Ah Christmas time again. Take care all. Enjoy it without being total pigs. (which is so hard...) Think/help others who aren't as fortunate. They might even like a late invitation to a an unexpected Christmas lunch.

And many thanks to Joe for steering the challenging ship of ASF. I do think it has become less strident and more nuanced in the past few months.

Cheers

IFocus, Joe Blow, Skate and 1 other person like this.
  19. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

I absolutely support any ASF get togethers in any state at any time for any reason. If there is interest, a thread could be started for the sole purpose of organising such events. Part of the reason I started ASF back in 2004 was to encourage people to connect with one another and I am aware through chatting with a number of ASF members that this has already occurred on numerous occasions and many friendships have been formed as a result.

barney likes this.
  20. Miss Hale

Miss Hale

Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm not a frequent visitor or a big investor but I do enjoy the time I spend on here, the only forum I am part of where political and moral discussions (for want of a better word) can take place in a reasonably civilised and adult manner. (I've recently abandoned another forum I was on where they childishly isolated those of us that did not share the dominant political view :rolleyes: ).

Wishing you all a safe and happy festive period and happy and properous 2019 :)

qldfrog, Logique, Skate and 6 others like this.