Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Merry Christmas 2015

Logique

Investor
Reactions
Before the seasonal rush kicks in, just wanted to extend seasons greetings to all posters.

Whether we've agreed or disagreed through the year, I've enjoyed the exchange of ideas.

Now up to page 346 of the climate hysteria thread, I see we still haven't reached a consensus ;)

Where are markets going from here, beats the hell out of me, need to go back to the charts.

Reactions
All the best and thank you Logique and Merry Christmas (or secular festivities) to all our posters.

I have enjoyed all the conversations here and I hope for the same next year.

Value Collector

Have courage, and be kind.
Reactions
Before the seasonal rush kicks in, just wanted to extend seasons greetings to all posters.

Whether we've agreed or disagreed through the year, I've enjoyed the exchange of ideas.

Now up to page 346 of the climate hysteria thread, I see we still haven't reached a consensus ;)

Where are markets going from here, beats the hell out of me, need to go back to the charts.
Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas.

Only a few more days and I will be with family, having some rums with my Dad, this is my favourite time of year. Its a great time to switch of the noise and remember what life is about.

Last edited by a moderator:

pixel

DIY Trader
Reactions
Don't be shy. Don't beat around the bush and look for alternative names.

Merry Christmas! to all.

For the New Year, may you all stay healthy in body, spirit and account balance.

With a big Thankyou to Joe for maintaining this Forum.

awesome.png

Joe Blow

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of ASF's members and visitors! :)

Thank you for being a part of the ASF community during 2015 and I hope to see you all back here in 2016 after a safe and relaxing festive break.

Reactions
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of ASF's members and visitors! :)

Thank you for being a part of the ASF community during 2015 and I hope to see you all back here in 2016 after a safe and relaxing festive break.
Joe, you are the heroe here, against legal challenges, againt the day to day drain of managing a small business as the ASF must be.Well done, thanks again, And merry Christmas to all members, the ones I oppose the views so much, and the ones I share the thoughts and reflections, but especially you and your family.All the best.

Tisme

Apathetic at Best
Reactions
At the risk of offending the spineless, Godless, political correctness brigade sheeple, #@%$ you and everyone that sails in you...

.... and to the rest of you normal people I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and if that means you get a holiday good luck, but it ain't the reason for the festivities..... Jesus loves you, yes I know, because the bible told me so, so there!:D

On the day give a toast of gratitude to the dude who spawned our great society and built a great nation of larrikins and bigoted, intolerant ockers who would argue the top off a longer neck rather than use a bottle opener. Yep than Christ for that.:cool:

Reactions
On the day give a toast of gratitude to the dude who spawned our great society and built a great nation of larrikins and bigoted, intolerant ockers who would argue the top off a longer neck rather than use a bottle opener. Yep than Christ for that.:cool:
You mean Paul Hogan ?
:D

Happy whatever to you too.

;)

Value Collector

Reactions
At the risk of offending the spineless, Godless, political correctness brigade sheeple, #@%$ you and everyone that sails in you...

.... and to the rest of you normal people I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and if that means you get a holiday good luck, but it ain't the reason for the festivities..... Jesus loves you, yes I know, because the bible told me so, so there!:D

LOL,

44cbc7bda0d60df29e5c042a86a29afc.jpg

It's funny how Christians can always turn what's supposed to be a pleasant way to greet or wish someone well into and passive aggressive "Merry CHRISTmas!!!!!" or that they get upset when people extend it into a "Happy Holidays" to try and include others in the Joy of the season.

I think that's when they show their true colors.

There is no WAR a Christmas, say merry Christmas all you want, just don't be a dick about it, and don't have a go at companies or people that try and extend the well wishing out to include others by choosing secular wording, such as "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons Greetings" the well wishing is still the same, they are just basically saying "not sure if you celebrate the Christ myth, But I want you to enjoy the season all the same"

Reactions
LOL,

View attachment 65355

It's funny how Christians can always turn what's supposed to be a pleasant way to greet or wish someone well into and passive aggressive "Merry CHRISTmas!!!!!" or that they get upset when people extend it into a "Happy Holidays" to try and include others in the Joy of the season.

I think that's when they show their true colors.

There is no WAR a Christmas, say merry Christmas all you want, just don't be a dick about it, and don't have a go at companies or people that try and extend the well wishing out to include others by choosing secular wording, such as "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons Greetings" the well wishing is still the same, they are just basically saying "not sure if you celebrate the Christ myth, But I want you to enjoy the season all the same"
I can understand how Christians feel when others try to hijack their celebration.

I think it's the same as a few years ago when some idiots interrupted Anzac day marches and tried to turn it into a condemnation of "rape in war".

As a veteran yourself VC you must have appreciated how insulting that was to the vast majority of ex serviceman ?

There is a time and a place for everything and maybe people should have some commonsense and not try to "stick it up" certain people whose views they may not share at times when it's inappropriate to do so.

Value Collector

Reactions
I can understand how Christians feel when others try to hijack their celebration.

I don't think anyone is trying to hijack Christmas, there are lots of things being celebrated at this time of year, and Christmas is the biggest one, and they are free to celebrate it however they want.

They say there is a "War on Christmas" but really that doesn't exist, no one is stopping them celebrating Christmas, the only war that exists is the Christian war on everything that's not Christmas, they aren't upset because they can't say "Merry Christmas" they are upset that other people aren't saying it enough.

I have never seen a FB post about trying to stop people saying Merry Christmas, But I must have seen 20 this year attacking people saying "Happy Holidays" its just silly.

Look at songs like this that are being spread, this isn't Christians defending their right to say merry Christmas, its a call to boycott any one who dares have a different religion or dares to include everyone in a greeting, hell its even a call to boycott other Christians such as jehoh witnesses who don't celebrate Christmas, its pretty disgusting when you understand the meaning.

As a veteran yourself VC you must have appreciated how insulting that was to the vast majority of ex serviceman ?
Yes that would have been rude, But I don't think atheists or any other religions are actively disrupting any Christmas parades.

Reactions
I don't think anyone is trying to hijack Christmas, there are lots of things being celebrated at this time of year, and Christmas is the biggest one, and they are free to celebrate it however they want.

They say there is a "War on Christmas" but really that doesn't exist, no one is stopping them celebrating Christmas, the only war that exists is the Christian war on everything that's not Christmas, they aren't upset because they can't say "Merry Christmas" they are upset that other people aren't saying it enough.

I have never seen a FB post about trying to stop people saying Merry Christmas, But I must have seen 20 this year attacking people saying "Happy Holidays" its just silly.

Look at songs like this that are being spread, this isn't Christians defending their right to say merry Christmas, its a call to boycott any one who dares have a different religion or dares to include everyone in a greeting, hell its even a call to boycott other Christians such as jehoh witnesses who don't celebrate Christmas, its pretty disgusting when you understand the meaning.

Yes that would have been rude, But I don't think atheists or any other religions are actively disrupting any Christmas parades.
If Christians want to boycott stores that don't say "Merry Christmas", that's their right. Only people like them would do it, their songs have no effect on the rest of us.

Value Collector

Reactions
If Christians want to boycott stores that don't say "Merry Christmas", that's their right. Only people like them would do it, their songs have no effect on the rest of us.
Yes it is their right, but publically trying to whip up comtempt and bad feeling against others groups, while trying to sell yourself as selfless and loving, while also playing the victim card is a bit off.

In that song they even say they are trying to spread "peace and love" I guess that only is if you are part of their group, or atleast willing to bow down to them and not have your own opinions on anything.

Tisme

Apathetic at Best
Reactions
You know this was probably started as a salutation and salutary thread guys?

Value Collector

Reactions
You know this was probably started as a salutation and salutary thread guys?
And so it was, until you took the opportunity to use your salutation to say "#@%$ you" to any group who happens to think differently to you.

So I just pointed out how lame and bitter Christians look when they try to turn their otherwise nice greeting into passive aggresive attacks.

But yes any future non saltutary related posts could be moved to the other christmas discussion thread.

Joe Blow

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
But yes any future non saltutary related posts could be moved to the other christmas discussion thread.
Agreed. Folks, let's keep this thread positive and friendly please.

There is another Christmas thread that can be used for any political, religious or cultural discussion of Christmas.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sptrawler Merry Christmas 2018 General Chat 29
Joe Blow Merry Christmas 2017 General Chat 20
Joe Blow Merry Christmas 2016 General Chat 14
Smurf1976 Merry Christmas 2014 General Chat 29