• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

May 2019 Stock Competition Entries!

Discussion in 'ASX Stock Chat' started by Joe Blow, May 1, 2019.

1. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

Good morning everyone and welcome to the May 2019 stock tipping competition! :)

This month's competition is proudly sponsored by FP Markets.

FP Markets is an Australian owned and ASIC regulated broker with over 12 experience and 35 industry awards including Highest Overall Client Satisfaction 5 years running. They facilitate trading in equities, indices, commodities, futures, Forex and Bitcoin via their MetaTrader4 platform.

FP Markets offer 10,000+ equities, indices and commodities across all major international markets. All equity CFDs are DMA priced and 100% hedged. FP Markets are not a market maker so their interests are aligned with that of their clients. You can go long on everything listed on the ASX and international markets and they have the widest short offering of any Australian broker.

This month there were four entrants who forgot to post in the thread of their stock tip in accordance with the competition rules: @turokMc2, @Sleath, @tosegue and @Purple XS2. I will give those four entrants another 24 hours to post in the thread of their competition entry. If they choose to do so then I will add them to the May competition. :)

Could all qualifying entrants please check their entries and entry price and report any errors to me in this thread.

Keep track of the results here: ASF Stock Competition Leaderboard

Feel free to discuss the competition in this thread as the month progresses.

0519start.png

2. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

Bugger!

I knew I entered too early this month. I should have waited and picked Bardoc Gold (BDC) which I saw after I had already entered. :(

3. peter2

peter2

I think the overall standard (quality of selections) in this monthly comp has improved considerably. There's always been a few lucky ones and a few unlucky ones, but I think the other selections have done better than the past average.

I'm wondering if this perceived improvement is due to the new requirement to post our reasons in the specific stock threads.

Edit: It's worth your time looking through this list for a trading candidate.

4. debtfree

debtfree

The movement of all entries so far this month. Sorry about the congestion in the chart but it's the best I can do to show all entries.

@Ann is coming back to the pack after a great start but I was shocked to see @Joules MM1 drop from 2nd to 2nd last today. :eek:
    @basilio got a rough start but started to claw his way back only to get knocked about again.

I added the sectors to see if all the strong sector stocks do float to the top. Good luck to all.

May Comp 2019-05-13 182637.png

Sdajii, peter2, Trav. and 2 others like this.
  5. willoneau

willoneau

Hi Joe I look forward to joining in next month, quick question on rules. Is the entry price taken from the 1st of May or when a contestant gives their selection?

6. Zaxon

Zaxon The voice of reason

First of the month. It wouldn't be fair otherwise.

7. willoneau

willoneau

Thanx Zaxon

8. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

The entry price is always the closing price on the last trading day of the month.

9. willoneau

willoneau

Thanx Joe

10. Zaxon

I think Ann is not well. Too much gluten I suspect. Her and VMT will have to withdraw from the competition.
    upload_2019-5-15_19-32-44.png

Ann likes this.
  11. debtfree

debtfree

A quick update of the movement of entries in this month Comp. Plenty having a go, especially the Materials which is leading the Sectors so far this month

May Comp 17th.png

Sectors since beginning of May.png

Sdajii, Trav., verce and 1 other person like this.
  12. Zaxon

A lot of tips not making money this month.

upload_2019-5-17_21-49-51.png

verce likes this.
  13. verce

verce

Looks like TNY is back on the menu boys!

14. Sdajii

Sdajii Sdaji

I think it would be worth including this clarification in the entry thread each month. It's unclear as to whether it's the close at the end of the previous month or the opening price on the first day of the month. Or, apparently, it can even be interpreted as the most recent price at the time the person makes their choice.

Thanks for the charts, debtfree! Very interesting to see!

debtfree likes this.