• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

May 2019 Stock Competition Entries!

Discussion in 'ASX Stock Chat' started by Joe Blow, May 1, 2019.

1. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

Good morning everyone and welcome to the May 2019 stock tipping competition! :)

This month's competition is proudly sponsored by FP Markets.

FP Markets is an Australian owned and ASIC regulated broker with over 12 experience and 35 industry awards including Highest Overall Client Satisfaction 5 years running. They facilitate trading in equities, indices, commodities, futures, Forex and Bitcoin via their MetaTrader4 platform.

FP Markets offer 10,000+ equities, indices and commodities across all major international markets. All equity CFDs are DMA priced and 100% hedged. FP Markets are not a market maker so their interests are aligned with that of their clients. You can go long on everything listed on the ASX and international markets and they have the widest short offering of any Australian broker.

This month there were four entrants who forgot to post in the thread of their stock tip in accordance with the competition rules: @turokMc2, @Sleath, @tosegue and @Purple XS2. I will give those four entrants another 24 hours to post in the thread of their competition entry. If they choose to do so then I will add them to the May competition. :)

Could all qualifying entrants please check their entries and entry price and report any errors to me in this thread.

Keep track of the results here: ASF Stock Competition Leaderboard

Feel free to discuss the competition in this thread as the month progresses.

0519start.png

2. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

Bugger!

I knew I entered too early this month. I should have waited and picked Bardoc Gold (BDC) which I saw after I had already entered. :(

3. peter2

peter2

I think the overall standard (quality of selections) in this monthly comp has improved considerably. There's always been a few lucky ones and a few unlucky ones, but I think the other selections have done better than the past average.

I'm wondering if this perceived improvement is due to the new requirement to post our reasons in the specific stock threads.

Edit: It's worth your time looking through this list for a trading candidate.

4. debtfree

debtfree

The movement of all entries so far this month. Sorry about the congestion in the chart but it's the best I can do to show all entries.

@Ann is coming back to the pack after a great start but I was shocked to see @Joules MM1 drop from 2nd to 2nd last today. :eek:
    @basilio got a rough start but started to claw his way back only to get knocked about again.

I added the sectors to see if all the strong sector stocks do float to the top. Good luck to all.

May Comp 2019-05-13 182637.png

Sdajii, peter2, Trav. and 2 others like this.
  5. willoneau

willoneau

Hi Joe I look forward to joining in next month, quick question on rules. Is the entry price taken from the 1st of May or when a contestant gives their selection?

6. Zaxon

Zaxon The voice of reason

First of the month. It wouldn't be fair otherwise.

7. willoneau

willoneau

Thanx Zaxon

8. Joe Blow

The entry price is always the closing price on the last trading day of the month.

9. willoneau

willoneau

Thanx Joe

10. Zaxon

I think Ann is not well. Too much gluten I suspect. Her and VMT will have to withdraw from the competition.
    upload_2019-5-15_19-32-44.png

Ann likes this.
  11. debtfree

debtfree

A quick update of the movement of entries in this month Comp. Plenty having a go, especially the Materials which is leading the Sectors so far this month

May Comp 17th.png

Sectors since beginning of May.png

Sdajii, Trav., verce and 1 other person like this.
  12. Zaxon

A lot of tips not making money this month.

upload_2019-5-17_21-49-51.png

verce likes this.
  13. verce

verce

Looks like TNY is back on the menu boys!

14. Sdajii

Sdajii Sdaji

I think it would be worth including this clarification in the entry thread each month. It's unclear as to whether it's the close at the end of the previous month or the opening price on the first day of the month. Or, apparently, it can even be interpreted as the most recent price at the time the person makes their choice.

Thanks for the charts, debtfree! Very interesting to see!

debtfree likes this.
  15. debtfree

debtfree

What a week ... Chart of the latest movement of entries so far this month. Sector Chart has seen interesting movement this month.
    @jbocker had an exciting week but has he, @Ann and @verce big runs finished? (Not going to ask @verce as I know what he would say ;))
    @Zaxon is hanging in with a good shot along with @explod and with @Parse making a great challenge at the right time of the month.
    I noticed @myrtie100 was last at one stage this month but has jumped up the ladder the last 3 days with a move of over 20%. :xyxthumbs
    Good luck all for next week.

May Comp.pngSector May.png
    Results.png

jbocker, myrtie100 and Trav. like this.
  16. Ann

Ann

I can't believe VMT or as I like to call it, VoMiT is still clinging onto a position. I thought it would have died days ago. It may vomit up some new and exciting news and go higher at the end of the month, who knows? If it places then Joe gets to buy a nice bottle of something with the proceeds. I can't take any credit for vomit's performance, it was a fluke pick.
    My new entry for the coming month is likely to keep me in the mediocrity area of the competition where I am so used to being. I am not comfortable in these heady heights of achievement! :p

verce and debtfree like this.
  17. myrtie100

myrtie100

Yes, all that rump whacking has finally gotten the nag to turn around!

And thanks @debtfree for the graphs, it's a great way to follow the comp :)

debtfree likes this.
  18. debtfree

debtfree

Hi @Joe Blow

Has @noirua JMS Entry Price changed since the start of the month in the Competition update for some reason? Having trouble matching your results.

19. Joe Blow

Yes, JMS entry price should be 35.5c.

debtfree likes this.
  20. debtfree

debtfree

Quick chart update. @jbocker @verce and @Ann are running upward in price again but @explod has joined then in a race to the finish line as well. Only 3 days left so it looks like a great contest.
    Great contest at the bottom of the ladder as well.:rolleyes: I dont know why but @Parse and @Zaxon lines are around the wrong way but no big drama.

May Comp 2019-05-28.png

verce, Ann, PZ99 and 2 others like this.