• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Matt's Forex Day Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Trading Diaries and Journals' started by AussieMatt, Nov 4, 2014.

1. AussieMatt

AussieMatt

I have been around the forums here and there and thought it might be worth starting a thread/journal here.

As a background I trade full-time (FX) based in Melbourne and up until recently have primarily swing traded the London/US sessions. 2 weeks ago I decided to move in the direction of day trading asia and first half of London for several reasons.

It made more sense for me to journal trades/ideas/stats over here as I will be active in this session. Its still early days, currently still upping size a little each week.

Any one else trading Asia or FX intraday in general feel free to jump in and share ideas etc.

2 trades so far today, 2 wins waiting for cash rate to get out of the way.

attached 2 weeks of day trading stats will update stats maybe weekly provided I can. will post trades etc maybe some charts. This will all depend on my energy levels as I have an extensive journal elsewhere I will also be updating.

Matt.

If this thread is in the wrong spot feel free to move.

Attached Files:

2. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

Hi Matt, since you started this thread in the Forex forum and have indicated that you exclusively trade forex, I have added "Forex" to your thread title in order to make it a little more specific.

3. AussieMatt

AussieMatt

No problems Joe, yes purely FX Thanks.

4. AussieMatt

AussieMatt

AUDUSD - few min to cash rate, like long on support confirmation off 0.8705's in to Weekend GAP fill, mixed data this morning

5. AussieMatt

AussieMatt

Unchanged my Bias is to find a way long to fill gap

6. AussieMatt

AussieMatt

Pending order set

Attached Files:

7. Modest

Modest $PEPE

Did you have to make any adjustments to your strategy apart from going intra-day because of the low volume during the Asia session? I find it a frustrating session to trade but I'm still learning.