Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Market Punter - Binary Options

So_Cynical

The Contrarian Averager
Reactions
Market punter is an Aussie provider that offers OTC Binary options over a small range of currencies, shares, share indices and commodities...including RIO, BHP, CBA, CSL, Gold and Oil Etc.

http://www.marketpunter.com.au/about/

Binary Options trading is pretty simplistic and a lot like 50/50 heads/tails punting except the payout odds are probably closer to 45/55 giving the house a distinct edge...also the time frame (option expiry times) are to short for my liking, i would be more interested in 5 or 10 day expires.

They have a wiki.

http://www.marketpunter.com.au/wiki/Main_Page

And there is a video on this page that gives a run down on how it works.

http://www.marketpunter.com.au/learn/

CDM Pacific is the issuer of the binary options, they are the mob that are behind Pepperstone the Aussie Forex broker.

http://www.cdmpacific.com.au/

https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24430&highlight=pepperstone

This is not a recommendation, just thought it was interesting that there is an Aussie provider and wanted to tell others about it.

Reactions
IG markets has similar binaries. Maybe an arb is possible if the pricing differential is big enough :)

So_Cynical

The Contrarian Averager
Reactions
On a day like today i would think making money using Binary Options would be very easy..just keep adding to your position as the index falls away....though i think trading opens at 11 am so the big fall/move of the day would be missed.

So_Cynical

The Contrarian Averager
Reactions
lolwut?

Have you ever traded binaries?

Doesn't sound like it.

No i haven't..only found out about them yesterday.

With an end of day BO i imagine (on a day like today) i would open an index put position at 11 and as the first position got into the money i would open a second and as that position went into the money i would open a third...and so on.

Is this not how it works? :dunno:

Reactions
No i haven't..only found out about them yesterday.

With an end of day BO i imagine (on a day like today) i would open an index put position at 11 and as the first position got into the money i would open a second and as that position went into the money i would open a third...and so on.

Is this not how it works? :dunno:

Definitely paper trade it a few times before you try it out with real money. The payoff changes based on odds and volatiility and time-decay so by the time you bought the third put your potential payoff would usually be not worth it to buy another and your risk on reversal could be very very high (100%). In short, it's unlikely it works the way you think it works. Much more like online betting of horses or soccer.

I don't recommend using it unless you have a prediction engine and want to replicate returns of binary predictions or are a seasoned gambler who understands probability theory and staking maths in-depth.

Reactions
In addition to what sinner has said, long term profitability depends on your ability to hedge. Anyone can buy/sell binaries and wait it out.

Reactions
In addition to what sinner has said, long term profitability depends on your ability to hedge. Anyone can buy/sell binaries and wait it out.

Trading in the financial markets offers both potential rewards and the risk of loss. Prudence is advised. Never Trade digital options with funds you cannot afford to risk.

Digital (or Binary)Options are the fastest, easiest and most efficient way, to convert your financial decisions into substantial profits. However generating profits with binary options trading is not an easy task. Finding the right binary options broker is always the hardest part of the challenging quest to high profits.
777 Binary for me is the most professional and objective platform for trading Digital Options online. They have excelled the binary trading, and made it easy as 1,2,3.

Reactions
When I Told my friends I was going to give a try in binary options,they all said beware these are betting companies. I found out, Its not gambling. You can use strategies. And after some time using 777 binary, trying most of their options, made a reasonable amount of money in profits, using the amount I destined to it, without affecting my budget. Never had any problems. Real time and updated prices for commodities, stocks and currencies, and Great returns. Good trades.
:)

Joe Blow

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
Its not gambling. You can use strategies.

Hi Antares. I'm sure those reading this thread would be very interested in hearing more about the binary options trading strategies you use. Your two posts to date don't contain much in the way of detail.

Can you outline for us some of the strategies you use to profit from binary options? Many thanks!

Reactions
Don't know if anybody else ever plays with Binary Options - I do a bit. Been using local Brokers Market Punter. They owe me and I'm a bit worried that their site has been off the air for the past 36 hours.

Reactions
Don't know if anybody else ever plays with Binary Options - I do a bit. Been using local Brokers Market Punter. They owe me and I'm a bit worried that their site has been off the air for the past 36 hours.

Were you able to get your money out? I believe they closed their doors to new accounts for most of 2013 but recently re-opened under the NZ FSP license.

Existing account were always able to still trade.