• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Market Close

Discussion in 'ASX Stock Chat' started by pete152, Jul 21, 2004.

1. pete152

pete152

Well ,what do you think happened to-day? The correction we had to have?old Paul Keating joke sorry)
    They will bounce back.
    Peter

2. stefan

stefan

I'd say the market was overdue for a correction. I'd expect more bloodshed for the rest of the week just because there is nothing in sight that could motivate buyers for now. I think it's too early for bargain hunting to kick in. Then again I might be wrong as I was so many times before ;-)

3. Aussiejeff

Aussiejeff

Well, todays market open will be interesting after Greenspan's upbeat US economy assessment.

The Asian markets are down but the Euro-US markets are up. Which way to go, which way to go....? :-/

AJ

PS: My GTP (forest management) and WFL (forest management) both did well yesterday despite a very lacklustre days trading. So my portfolio held even at the end .. ;)

4. pete152

pete152

Todays close was better.I also invested (spent? :-/) more money then I should have but there were some bargains out there.
    Peter

5. stockGURU

stockGURU

Don't be shy, Pete.. what did you buy?

;D

6. pete152

pete152

well I bought some BOQ and some lihir gold and more OCO and guess what they all dropped so do not follow me!!
    Peter (or maybe do so I can sell!!!) ;D

7. skin

skin

Aussiejeff - do you still hold WFL - I consider them good buying at the moment due to their forests coming on line (savings of buying in timber) and current share price - do you concur?