• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Major Road Closures

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sptrawler, Sep 12, 2018.

1. sptrawler

sptrawler

Myself and extended family are coming to Sydney in late February, we are staying on George street, but I'm now starting to read there are major road works happening.

So I thought this might be a good thread for ASF members, to exchange information as to problems they may face with transport, when visiting another City.

So back to my problem, how much of an issue is the George Street roadworks, at the Central Station end going to be in late Feb? You know jack hammers, trucks, road works through the night?

2. luutzu

luutzu

This is 'astraya, nobody works through the night. That and there's a bunch of cables, pipes and things under the road so they'd be digging by hand anyway. :D

Look at the map again, but I don't think there's any work around Central on the George St side. There's a couple station they're working on in front of Central and on the Surry Hills side of it but they've been at those for quite a while now so it might just about finish by Feb.

sptrawler likes this.
  3. sptrawler

sptrawler

Thanks Iuutzu,
    It is just when I looked on booking.com at the hotel (Break Free) where the son, daughter in law and grandkids are staying, the feedback said jackhammers through the night.

4. PZ99

PZ99 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Late February you said?

Sydney is notorious for works going behind schedule so it's worth keeping this link for updates.

https://www.mysydney.nsw.gov.au/scheduled-works-list

sptrawler likes this.