Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Macquarie CFD account

Reactions
Hi I'm thinking of changing from IGmarkets CFDs to macquarie CFDs for Macquaries lower guaranteed stop loss of 1% compared to IGmarkets 5%

The problem is on the Macquarie CFD site says you need a Macquarie cash account for CFDs so I followed the cash account signup and says it needs a minimum of 50,000 to open :eek:

Am I missing something?

CFD

Reactions
Would be interesting to hear how you get on. I was think of making this change for the same reason. Not to sure how well their cfd trading platform compares. Also not sure about their gsl whereby they expire.

BentRod

ZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzz
Reactions
The GSL's are adjustable also(during market hours).

The platform sucks but the service/support is pretty good.

I'm still undecided about Prime but it looks ok, need to do a bit more research before I make my mind up.

Reactions
The GSL's are adjustable also(during market hours).

The platform sucks but the service/support is pretty good.

I'm still undecided about Prime but it looks ok, need to do a bit more research before I make my mind up.

I'm waiting until their platform includes charting facility, was supposed to be up and running Jan/Feb this year but still hasn't appeared as far as I know.

Reactions
can anyone answer this question about macquaries prime/cfds gaurenteed stop loss facility?

does the 1% gsl move with the price?

example if i bought a stock at $98 with a 1% minimum GSL at $97

next day the stock moves up to $100 would the gsl move with the price and automatically set at $99? or would i have to set it manually?

BentRod

ZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzz
Reactions
No there are no fees but I believe the GSL can only be moved the same distance from the current price as it was when you placed the trade.

IE. Buy XYZ @ $10.00 with a GSL @ $9.50

Next day XYZ opens @ $10.50, you can move your stop to $10.00 for no fee.

cheers