• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

MACD and MT4

Discussion in 'Beginner's Lounge' started by TheBigKangaroo, Oct 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TheBigKangaroo

TheBigKangaroo

Hi Fellow Traders. Can anyone tell me why the MACD indicator on MT4 only displays the signal line and histogram. I use the 12,26,9 criteria but seem to be missing either the MACD line or the signal.

Thanks in Advance

2. barney

barney

3. TheBigKangaroo

TheBigKangaroo

Hi Barney. Thank you for your reply. I had a look at the post but could not find the "file" to load. Do you have any ideas where I can get a co/////py of the "real MACD" they talk about?
    Again, thanks very much for your response.

All the best

4. barney

barney

Hi Big Kanga …… If you click on the link in my above post you should end up here ….. (screenshot below) …

then if you Right Click on the Mq4 file (after clicking on the above link;)) and select "save target as" in a destination folder of your choice on your computer .... you will then have a download of the file (MACD True.mq4) which you need to copy and paste into your MT4 programme ……. ie. into the "Indicators" and "Experts" Folders …….

First step here is to download the above file to your computer somewhere where you can find it;) Cheers.

Hope that all helps and makes sense ….. PS For what its worth …. the "True" MACD Indicator will not help you trade any better …… sorry … sad but true …. The default MT4 Indicator is essentially the same without the extra squiggly lineo_O:):D ……. All the best. PPS Please ask if you need more help after downloading the Indicator to your computer …..as you then need to load the Indicator into your version of MT4 …. it may sound difficult but if I can do it (I'm old!) … its not;)

MACD true.jpg

5. TheBigKangaroo

TheBigKangaroo

Thanks Barney, I am old as well (an early 60's guy) which I am hoping will be acceptable as an excuse for not seeing it!!! I found the Tipu MACD indicator on the MT4 "Markets" area which looks quite good. I must say up front, I am a new trader. So many say the indicators wont help but I have found then useful for "scalping" so far. Am I doing something? Once I work out how to do PM, I will message you for a chat. cheers

barney likes this.
  6. barney

barney

Lol … Similar vintage by the sounds of it.

I had a look at the TIPU MACD ….. Its a bit more colourful than the one above but basically identical.

Nothing wrong with using Indicators of course ….. they can help make the puzzle seem clearer visually for us old blokes:p …… I think where Indicators are mostly useful is creating Parameters in any given trading plan …………. Simple rules can often keep you out of a bad trade which is more important than finding good trades at times:cautious: (Mainly referring to faster trading such as FX etc) …..

Slow motion Stocks only need a moving average, common sense and a bit of self discipline ….. I have mastered the moving average but the other two sometimes go AWOL lol:eek::D

PS Post away on any thread that takes your fancy ….. There are some smart traders lurking around here and the more input from new members such as yourself, the more feedback will be generated …… Any question is a good question. Cheers.

TheBigKangaroo likes this.