• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

MACD alerts via email or SMS

Discussion in 'Trading/Investing Resources' started by Dai, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Dai

Dai

I would like to get alerts to my phone of MACD crossovers. I know several services offer price, volume or news alerts, but can't seem to find anyone offering this type of alert. I only trade CFD's on the Aussie 200, and so that's all I want to be alerted to. Does anyone know of a service provider who can help, or how I could set it up myself?

2. Timmy

Timmy white swans need love too

When do you want these alerts?

If you are checking for crossovers using end-of-day data then setting up a scan with a software program like Metastock or Amibroker (and others), fed with EOD data from a provider like Premium Data, is a very simple and straightforward procedure.

If, on the other hand, you are wanting crossovers on live data (an intra-day crossover, maybe on hourly bars or whatever) then I know Metastock Pro (real-time), fed with live data like eSignal, will send you an email/SMS. There will be other software programs that will do this too, but Metastock is the one I am familiar with.

3. Dai

Dai

I need them in real time, so I'll have a look at Metastock Pro. Thanks for the tip.

4. Timmy

Timmy white swans need love too

M'stock Pro is expensive, as is an eSignal feed.

Check out Spark/Iguana too, might help?
    http://www.iguana2.com.au/spark-other

Surprised there has been no other comments on your query ... maybe stay tuned?

5. Trembling Hand

Trembling Hand Can be found on the bid

NT with free SPI data from IB will/can send emails.

6. SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amibroker can send chart via email.

Never use it before, perhaps with a little programming.....
    ----------------------

"AmiBroker allows you to define formula-based alerts. When alert is triggered a text can be displayed, user-defined sound played back, e-mail notification can be sent and any external application can be launched. This is all handled by single AlertIF function."

7. MRC & Co

MRC & Co

LOL, MACD alerts. Now I have heard it all! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

8. Dai

Dai

Spark/Iguana only have data while the market is open in Australia. They could do a custom job for me, but not for real time overnight trading.

Trembling Hand - pardon my ignorance, but I'm lost in your acronyms, could you give me more detail please.

9. Dai

Dai

MRC & Co

If I'm making some shocking mistake, could you take a moment to educate me please.

10. MRC & Co

MRC & Co

Yes, trading off MACD alerts only is a shocking mistake. You will get railed, I can guaranatee that.

Plenty of education on the forum if your willing to do the years it takes to learn.

11. lukeaye

lukeaye

I concur.

What type of trading are you doing? are you looking at buying stocks and holiding for long term, or day trading?

If you are day trading then i am not aware of any Crosses, that are profitable, otherwise id be using them.

If you want to long term invest on a cross, then EOD (end of day data) should be fine, as you won't miss much. But even then i woudlnt tade a position on a cross.

Have a look at some of the trading strategies and systems started by some of the more experienced traders and see what they do. Use the search tool and have a look. I think there are also some threads which show that crosses don't work. Good luck.