Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Life on the punt... Trading betting exchanges

Reactions
Good morning
rcw1 racing tips for 18/03/23. Gamble safely and responsibly.

Rosehill Gardens
R2H1; R3H7; R4H5; R5H5; R6H1; R7H1; R9H6; R10H14

Moonee Valley
R3H10; R4H1; R6H2; R8H2; R10H3

*** R8 at Rosehill Golden Slipper and R7 at Moonee Valley All Star Mile pending

Kind regards
rcw1
Gee rcw being laid up and you certainly have picked a basket full this weekend.?

Reactions
rcw1 report card for racing tips 18/03/23:
Rosehill: 9 races for 1 x salute and 3 x places;
Moonee Valley 6 races for 2 x salutes and 2 x places.

Could talk forever about the whys and the should haves and and and and ... was gunna.... knew should have gon with ,,,, but that's not punters G O, one decides to place a bet with agreed odds and you either win (Earn) or you lose (no earn). End of story.

Today, rcw1 bets were such that rcw1 lost allot of money. The bookies cracked a bottle of Don Perignon ...

Until next time then. Bread and jam this week :eek:

Kind regards
rcw1
Now come rcw bread and jam living it up like Lord. Shouldn't it stale bread and dripping?

Reactions
Good morning champions
rcw1 racing tips for 25/03/23. Gamble safely and responsibly.

Flemington

R1H4; R4H1 & 2; R5H9; R6H10; R7H1 (Group one Australia Cup); R8H14

Rosehill

R4H5; R6H6

Have a very nice weekend.

Kind regards
rcw1

Reactions
Good morning champions

Flemington

Rosehill

R4H5; R6H6

Kind regards
rcw1
arvo rcw awaiting on your results to see if you are in the moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee or not today

Reactions
G
Good morning champions

Flemington

Rosehill

R4H5; R6H6

Kind regards
rcw1
Good afternoon
Amazing how a week makes a difference …
Gotta be in it to win it warts and all …
Flemington six races / seven horses;
Quinella x 1; salutes x 3 places x 2

Rosehill two races for 1 place.

At the Cowboys v Titans game.
Kick off in 5 minutes
Ta ta
Have a good night

Kind regards
rcw1

Reactions
G

Good afternoon
Flemington six races / seven horses;
Quinella x 1; salutes x 3 places x 2

Rosehill two races for 1 place.

At the Cowboys v Titans game.
Kick off in 5 minutes
Ta ta
Have a good night

Kind regards
rcw1
Ah rcw as usual winners are grinners. A bit more lolley to play the market with, perhaps.

wayneL

Digging myself a fallout shelter
Reactions
G

Good afternoon
Or even a day.

At the end of yesterday my system was deep in drawdown, Today at Pinjarra the system had a blinder and catapulted itself out of a hole.

It's definitely beer o'clock and I may even head out to the Baskerville Tavern and shout the local yobs a round (it's within staggering distance :) )

Reactions
Or even a day.

At the end of yesterday my system was deep in drawdown, Today at Pinjarra the system had a blinder and catapulted itself out of a hole.

It's definitely beer o'clock and I may even head out to the Baskerville Tavern and shout the local yobs a round (it's within staggering distance :) )
Nice one m8
Kind regards
rcw

Reactions
A pro in racing industry rang rcw1 wanted to know something …. Anyways told the lad what Iknew anyways he asked outta allthe racing today my top two Punts … told him and the lad agreed …. Rcw1 is pucked now ha ha ha
rcw obviously you are the "pro" and the johnny come lately was just seeking out the good oil.

wayneL

Reactions
So, I have decided to discontinue my system as it stands at the moment.

I'm close to 100% up on initial capital overall, but as I have alluded to previously there is still an unacceptable (to me) risk of ruin, and I have had 3 close calls so far. My worry is that all of my effort over these last months could be snatched away by a black swan sequence of outs.

I'm not betting the farm on this, but it is still an anathema to me to be gambling, rather using systems with a mathematical positive expectancy.

Even though technically I have managed to achieve this, I have not managed to avoid the inevitability of randomness of results; as it stands it seems inevitable that I will blow up at some stage... So in practical terms I have not achieved this at all.

I think I'm three quarters of the way there but haven't managed to figure out an elegant mathematical solution to the risk of ruin problem.

In the absence of some sort of mathematical revelation, I'm quitting while I'm ahead.

In other news I am gradually working my way in to the innards of the racing industry here in WA, and re-establishing contacts with people in low places.

Not enough intel yet to make a substantive difference, that as I get older in start winding down my business, going to have more time for form analysis, both exposed form and investigative.

I might be a bit quiet in this thread for a while, I'm still incredibly busy with my business... But equally I may be reapplying for my trainers licence and going down that path...

Reactions

I'm close to 100% up on initial capital overall, but as I have alluded to previously there is still an unacceptable (to me) risk of ruin, and I have had 3 close calls so far. My worry is that all of my effort over these last months could be snatched away by a black swan sequence of outs.

I'm not betting the farm on this, but it is still an anathema to me to be gambling, rather using systems with a mathematical positive expectancy.

Even though technically I have managed to achieve this, I have not managed to avoid the inevitability of randomness of results; as it stands it seems inevitable that I will blow up at some stage... So in practical terms I have not achieved this at all.

I think I'm three quarters of the way there but haven't managed to figure out an elegant mathematical solution to the risk of ruin problem.

In the absence of some sort of mathematical revelation, I'm quitting while I'm ahead.

In other news I am gradually working my way in to the innards of the racing industry here in WA, and re-establishing contacts with people in low places.

Not enough intel yet to make a substantive difference, that as I get older in start winding down my business, going to have more time for form analysis, both exposed form and investigative.

I might be a bit quiet in this thread for a while, I'm still incredibly busy with my business... But equally I may be reapplying for my trainers licence and going down that path...
Hi wayneL
Respect very much what you have said. Know exactly what you are saying.

Wishing you the best with your engagement efforts with those within the racing industry. Moreover, your every success in reobtaining a trainer's license. When you succeed, I can maybe punt on the horses that you have trained ???, all going well.

Hoping that you have no issues with rcw1 continuing to use this thread. Please advise if you do. Did think about having own punting and trading thread, but what for ??? ; at the end of the day and when the dust settles there are plenty of threads in this place to add rcw1's words of wisdom or not so... ha ha ha ha ha :)

Have a good week wayneL.

Kind regards
rcw1

wayneL

Reactions
Hi wayneL
Respect very much what you have said. Know exactly what you are saying.

Wishing you the best with your engagement efforts with those within the racing industry. Moreover, your every success in reobtaining a trainer's license. When you succeed, I can maybe punt on the horses that you have trained ???, all going well.

Hoping that you have no issues with rcw1 continuing to use this thread. Please advise if you do. Did think about having own punting and trading thread, but what for ??? ; at the end of the day and when the dust settles there are plenty of threads in this place to add rcw1's words of wisdom or not so... ha ha ha ha ha :)

Have a good week wayneL
Kind regards
rcw1
No worries mate, props for keeping it alive and really enjoyed your input, please do carry on!

As a matter of disclosure.. I have been talked into a 10% share in a Yang Yang with some potential, currently with a small trainer who might have a fair deal of respect for over here.

I did attend the recent magic millions sales, but everything I liked was way over the odds, (naturally, everybody including thise with boxes of money laying around house, gets the same wood for the same horses). The one horse I really really liked top the sale :rolleyes: of course.

Had the chance to buy a really really REALLY nice filly by the same sire for 30k, a couple of years ago... Kicking myself I didn't take the plunge.

Lots of things have changed since I trained before, not the least of which I am now 61 and 10 kg heavier and unlikely to do any trackwork myself.

The other hand Ive got great contacts up in the members and younger clients who are great riders... so who knows.

PS, good mate had a runner in the Narrogin cup yesterday and had a small loyalty bet... Wishing it was a large loyalty bet :laugh:

Reactions

Go for it Wayne, Giddy-up

Reactions
Happy Easter Saturday punters
Gamble safely and responsibly
Sandown R1H6, R7H7, R8H3, R9H9

Kind regards
rcw1

Reactions
Happy Easter Saturday punters
Gamble safely and responsibly
Sandown R1H6, R7H7, R8H3, R9H9

Kind regards
rcw1
More tips
Randwick R8 (Group one Queen Elizabeth Stakes) gotta go with Anamoe (H1) am told plenty of coin from astute punters going on H2 Dubai Honour which at this time is the favourite; R10H4.
Doomben: R7H15; R9H5

Giddy up... punters rejoice...

Kind regards
rcw1

Reactions
Good afternoon champion punters,
Well then...

rcw1 report card for racing 08/04/23:
Sandown: four races for 3 x salutes and 1 x place
Randwick: two races for 1 x salute and 1 x place
Doomben: two races for 1 x place. Once bitten twice shy with respect to Heathcote trained horses an evidence-based opinion direct from the track... Gotta be there oneself otherwise ... anyways done pretty well overall, but R7 p i 5 5 ed rcw1 off big time.

Very nearly nailed Sandown... oh the joy of it all. Four outta four woulda been good for one's ego ha ha ha ha ha ha

Have a very nice Easter Sunday and that a large white rabbit with floppy ears calls in ... :)
Some rum to drink now and a Cuban ✅✅✅

EDIT: finished a sentence properly

Kind regards
rcw1