• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Leon Wilson

Discussion in 'Trading/Investing Resources' started by tech/a, Jun 30, 2007.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

1. tech/a

tech/a No Ordinary Duck

Must say I like the way Leon thinks.
    I also like the way he works heavily on APPLICATION of technical analysis.
    If your a Metastock Tradesim user there is a wealth of formula help in his books.
    An Aussi to boot and obviously passionate.

http://www.wilsontechstats.com/aboutus/aboutus.htm

For beginners and advanced there is plenty to be gleaned from Reading Leon Wilson.

2. tech/a

tech/a No Ordinary Duck

Hmmm

As I get more into some of Wilson's works I have to say Ive found some parts which (From experience) I cant agree with.

EG
    Related to his GOLDEN rule for mechanical trading.

Sorry but this shows lack of systems design knowledge,which can come about from limited testing tools and understanding.

Even so I'm sure one never agrees 100% with any author.
    I'll keep reading.

3. tech/a

tech/a No Ordinary Duck

Having said that if trading a single instrument then the above would apply.

4. new girl

new girl

Teck/a

I am halfway through reading this book ;) and so far I like what I'm reading!

I would like to back up my reading with formal trading education before I go back to work in October. I read the thread with the same title, checked Nick's Chartist's site and thinking of joining ATAA soon. My question is do you know of any short courses that can take someone who honestly knows nothing about trading and teach the basics in a few months time?

Your advice (and anyone else's) is much appreciated :)

NG

5. jakethedog

jakethedog

What happened to Leon Wilson? His books are great and he used to have a website but it is no longer active.

6. bpmackey

bpmackey

I second that. What happened to Leon Wilson, and his WilsonTechStats website? He references his website a lot in his book "The Business of Share Trading", and this is where you gain access to his metastock formulas. Only problem is, the website is no longer.

Anyone know what has happened to him?

Cheers

Brett

7. Nocash

Nocash

After reading both of Leons books recently, I too went searching for his website but to no avail.
    Following some searches, emails and phone calls I was told that Leon fell seriously ill and as far as I know this is still the case. I'm sure we all would like to wish him a speedy recovery.
    If anyone knows otherwise, any info will be appreciated.
    nc

8. Timmy

Timmy white swans need love too

Go to this website:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.wilsontechstats.com/

It is the internet archive of wilsontechstats.com

Click on a date and it will take you to a page like this:

[​IMG]

Click on "enter" (circled) and you will go into a cached copy of his website, where you can navigate around.

There is a page, for example, with Metastock code for custom and multiple moving averages:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20070829174721/www.wilsontechstats.com/software/MMAConstruction.htm

Hope you all find what you are looking for.

Attached Files:

9. Samson 9

Samson 9

Just finished weeding out and re-arranging my trading book shelve. As one of Leon Wilsons books is sitting on the top shelve with my other favourites I was wondering again what happened to him. Searched on the internet without success.
    Anyone know what happened?

Sam

10. aramz

aramz

I am wondering the same also. I *****oughly enjoyed reading his material and would love to follow his newsletter.

I am about to go through his site and copy his metastock formulas. It would be a daunting task writting them all out that's for sure. I hope all or most are there.

11. Wysiwyg

Wysiwyg Everyone wants money

The "Study Guide for Tech. Charts & Tech. Stats" in PDF format is worth a read. It is a locked document.

12. Wilson15

Wilson15

To all that have been asking about Leon Wilson
    He is still trading but not as much as he use to.

13. Wilson01

Wilson01

Hi to All

Firstly, I must thank everybody for their concerns. It was not until I was made aware of this conversation that I realised the interest in my well being. I am truly humbled by the interest and positive comment. For this I sincerely thank you all.

The cause of my problem has finally been rectified and my health is now good. I am actively trading again with the FX and Futures markets being of primary interest with the intention of resuming full time trading again in the near future. I have no other plans beyond trading at this stage.

Once again, thank you for you concern, I am humbled and I thank you

Cheers
    Leon Wilson

14. Tanaka

Tanaka Always Learning

Good to hear all is well for you,

I've recently become interested in your work after discovering your formula on my BullCharts program. I'm at the early stages of working out how to write formula. I intend to read your books in the near future.

15. Old Smokey

Old Smokey

Hello Leon it's good to hear you are well. Met you at your Adelaide Seminar a couple of years back. I was also a Newsletter subscriber and appreciate the quality of work you put into that.

Best wishes

16. Nocash

Nocash

Hi Leon,
    So glad to hear you've recovered and back.
    As a beginer, I've read both your books and found your trading style easy to follow and something I would have liked to pursue further. I was wondering if you have any intention to resurect your site or whether there is any other way of contacting you regarding your version of the stop-loss indicators mentioned in your books. If your books are any indication, your contribution to this site will be highly valued and appreciated.
    regards
    nc

17. aramz

aramz

Leon mate so good to hear that you are well and still trading! I wish you a swift recovery.

I know it is probably to early to ask many questions but I thought I might throw it out there. Are there any plans for anymore books? Possibly one on forex and futures trading? Or even an online newsletter with some analysis. I have enjoyed you books throughly and couldn't get enough of them. I have highlighted and note tagged them extensively they serve as a 'trading bible' in my study office.

regards,

Luke

18. Wilson15

Wilson15

to the above question there is a new book out it is a mix of all traders within Australia and one section has been written by Lean Wilson

Attached Files:

19. Wilson01

Wilson01

Hi to All

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and best wishes. It is genuinely appreciated.

In answer to the above questions

Q1:- Will I be writing any more books?
    Yes, Wiley's have ask if I am prepared to update "The Business of Share Trading". I have agreed that I will update the entire content. I am just commencing the process of a rewrite with my publishers now, however the end product will be someway off yet.

I have recently discussed the possibility of a book on FX trading. I also trade Indices and Futures but not sure whether these instruments would be included. Any new books would be more about practical application and specific techniques rather than generalised information.

Q2:- Will the website be re-instated?
    The plan is to re-instate the website at some point in a new format. I'm not 100% decided on the exact structure or the time frame. My thoughts are leaning toward particular strategies that focus on FX, Oil, Gold, and Indices. Not sure about the ASX due to ASIC legislation

I will need to gauge the interest on this before I proceed in any detail.

Once again I would like to thank everyone for their kind thoughts

Cheers
    Leon Wilson

20. weird

weird

Great stuff. I remember attending one of your seminars in Sydney perhaps around 5 years ago, great seminar and content.