• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum
  1. Guest, entries in the Full CY 2020 Tipping Competition are now open and close at midnight on 31 December. With $1,850 in cash to be won you'd have to be crazy not to enter. Please post your entries in the Tipping Competition for Full CY 2020 thread in the ASX Stock Chat forum. Good luck!

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Lennons Hotel Brisbane

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Garpal Gumnut, Apr 6, 2014.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

1. Garpal Gumnut

Garpal Gumnut

I travelled to Brisbane last week in the Arnage, and tired and weary turned in to Burnett Lane to deliver my motor to the ever affable porters at Lennons.

It has ceased to exist !!

The hotel has been taken over by "foreign nationals" .

And it's name will be changed to next or somesuch.

I was much discomfited and then tried to find the "Peoples' Palace to see it was a backpackers.

What is happening?

Has the world gone mad?

I eventually found refuge in a very nice club run by a lady called Jay-Mee who allowed me sleep on a chaise longue, and parked my Arnage.

Brisbane CBD looked cactus, retail gone, restaurants gone, looked on it's latter legs.

I doubt if Brisbane inner city property will keep it's value over the next 12 months.

I left the next day to visit a cousin who had flown in to the Gold Coast from East of Finland.

gg

2. Ijustnewit

Ijustnewit

Oh no , GG :1zhelp:
    I wonder if they still let in under fed uni students on Friday afternoon to partake in free bar snacks and Guinness off the tap in those little shatterproof glass mugs ? Then stumble up the road to fall into the next train on the Shorncliffe line.

"You Know we are living in a society !! We're supposed to act in a civilised way " George Costanza.

3. Calliope

Calliope

682879798_e3Whu-XL.jpg
    The First Lennons

lennons_1949_jband.jpeg
    Lennons 1949

532609826_hJBYS-X2.jpg
    The old Lennons has been torn down and replaced with stuff that in turn is being torn down and replaced. There is now a Lennons in the Queen St mall (above); its full name is The Chifley at Lennons. Bigger? Perhaps. More central? I guess so. But better? Nup!

http://www.yourbrisbanepastandpresent.com/2009/05/lennons.html

For any student of Brisbane history this is a good starting point.

Attached Files: