Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Learning to trade

Reactions
How can I scan for/find asx stocks where 50dma has crossed above 100dma along with having made a "60 day high price" ?

Am keen to know if there is any software that can scan those specific parameters/filters across the ASX please ?

Reactions
How can I scan for/find asx stocks where 50dma has crossed above 100dma along with having made a "60 day high price" ?

Am keen to know if there is any software that can scan those specific parameters/filters across the ASX please ?
This is very easy to code in my software and I would do it for you and post it if I had asx data, but I only have NYSE data. There would be a number of software platforms out there that would let you create custom filters and scans, hopefully someone that knows of a free or inexpensive platform that can do the job will read your post. The software that I use is called 'Trade Navigator'.

Reactions
@Telamelo I think most charting software easily does that

Amibroker would require programming or code downloaded.

Incredible chart I believe does without coding, just pick the boxes.
30 day free trial, then I think $10 a month for data and software use. You can use it for free but can't screen stocks without

Reactions

30 day free trial, then I think $10 a month for data and software use. You can use it for free but can't screen stocks without
A big thanks to both of you @DaveTrade & @Austwide for your feedback/suggestions as I'll check it out.

Also advised/told Metastock can do this as well but it's a bit too pricey for my liking.

Cheers tela

Reactions

The Stock Screen Section of Incredible Charts it has its limitations.
As for moving average scans you are limited to Exponential MAs, that’s it, but you can scan for 50d > 100d EMA.
For the 60 day high Price – the closest choice is a 55 day New High or it has a 3 month (63 day) New High
** Scanned for the 50 day > 100 day EMA and the 55 day New High price within the last 1 trading day for the XAO market and it returned 99 stocks to view.
** Scanned for the 50 day > 100 day EMA and the 3 month (63 day) 55 day New High price within the last 1 trading day for the XAO market and it returned 97 stocks to view.
So nearly the same, not surprising as the scan is fairly close.

1647724315482.png