• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Lack of respect

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tech/a, Jun 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. tech/a

tech/a No Ordinary Duck

Saudi Arabia made it clear that they support terrorism.

To kick the ball around during the minutes silence for the two
    Girls who were killed in the UK was/is disgusting.

I must admit that I've had an impartial view toward most main stream Muslims

I'm afraid the line between extremist and mainstream Muslims is being deliberately
    Blurred,

There was the perfect opportunity to show Muslim extremism isn't tolerated by mainstream Muslims and gain respect and support.

Yet the exact opposite from me at least has occurred.

We welcome these people into our country ****OFF

2. lindsayf

lindsayf

I didnt see that but how can it be seen as anything but a deliberate statement that says we do not share your values or respect your ways. Wow, the arragonce there is mind blowing.
    I wonder if the lefty media will even comment on it.

3. pixel

pixel DIY Trader

4. SirRumpole

SirRumpole

A disgusting lack of respect from a disgustingly arrogant and disrespectful country.

No wonder Trump likes them.

5. Ves

Ves Beyond Good and Evil

Looks like the right wing apology industry is out in force today!

6. Ves

Ves Beyond Good and Evil

Trump likes them for no other reason than they have money.

7. Redbeard

Redbeard

And Hilary before him!

8. kaerai

kaerai

I noticed during the state of origin when there was a minute's silence for the recently murdered police officer in the line of duty. Their were players who could bother to stay still. Not a word was said about that.

I realise not standing still but still warming up is different I suppose to kicking a football around(which I have not seen footage of), but it is the similar sentiment. Why no uproar over the local footballers?

9. luutzu

luutzu

As we all know, White people behaving badly do not represent all White people. Christians behaving badly don't either - they're just the few bad apples fondling kids, put hoods over their heads and hang black people in certain places.

Muslims on the other hand... the one and the few represent the all. All 1.5 Billion of them are all alike. I mean, just look at them, they all look the same. :D

See, when Trump and Theresa May goes to Saudi Arabia to sign weapons deals in the hundreds of billions. That's just for jobs and commerce. When those weapons are used by the Saudis to cluster and drone civilians, it's Islam that's evil.

pixel likes this.
  10. luutzu

luutzu

To be fair to Hillary, all US presidents backed the Saudis since WW2. Before the yanks, the Poms were giving orders behind the scene.

So Qatar house the largest US military/air base in the Middle East. Idiot Trump brags about giving the Saudis and UAE and others permission to sanction Qatar for "supporting terrorism".

Not sure how a landlord would feel if their tenant slap them around like that. Ah well, serve them right for not donating to Ivanka Trump's fund "for women".

Redbeard likes this.
  11. moXJO

moXJO menace to society

Actually Whahhabism does represents Saudi Muslims. They pretty much ignore or block history/dead so they don't take their eye off Muhammed.
    Pretty much why ISIL smash museums.
    This was just a cultural thing and a bit of a snub

12. luutzu

luutzu

Yea, I heard that Wahhabi is the most extreme form of Islam, and the Saudis funding its schools and like-minded groups all over the place.

But that can't be bad seeing how the US, UK, France and other great western civilisation sell arms to them, "partner" with them to fight "terrorism".

Some still believe in these good versus evil business when it's all just imperialism and business, business.

13. moXJO

moXJO menace to society

Once oil is no longer needed the middle east will literally drive itself back to the stone age.

14. SirRumpole

SirRumpole

We can also consider the disrespectful attitude of a former ABC TV presenter on Anzac Day as to the collective mentality of a certain religious group.

15. luutzu

luutzu

They're definitely heading back there in a real hurry. What with all the liberation all over the few strips of arable land they managed to eke out a city or two. So going there, whether it's totally self-driven is something else.

But after the oil runs dry, certain countries in the ME still need policing and "support". There's Yemen, Djibouti, Somalia, Saudi Arabia, Israel... not for the oil but for the strategic position they hold. Guarding the gate to Europe through the Mediterranean, keeping guard on Russia and the Chinese.

For minerals though, Afghanistan holds the next phase in industrial development - lithium, rare earth and other minerals.

Venezuela might collapse soon. Dam commies. Having the world's largest, mainly untapped oil reserves right in someone else's backyard... and somehow dare to wanna share it with their own people, selling it to whoever they want like it's theirs.

I'm surprised a resource rich country, with oil, gas, minerals and continent-sized aquifers aren't under anyone's control. Oh wait... :D

pixel likes this.
  16. Tisme

Tisme Apathetic at Best

I don't think we need a sheriff of the social conscience on this one luutzu. There's a point where the defending the indefensible is so transparent it has no legitimate part in the discussion ...2.2 billion Christians know this.

17. PeterJ

PeterJ

unfortunately it is all about money $$$$
    otherwise a politician with some f...ing balls would have rounded up the
    3000 people in the UK on the watch list and locked them up indefinitely
    this would have sent a message to the world !
    killing young kids at a concert and running over innocents.
    it bewilders and angers me beyond belief

Peter

18. kennas

kennas hoarding tinned food

IMHO, we're backing the wrong long term team here. Iran is the cultural ally of the five eyes.

19. luutzu

luutzu

There are 2.2 Billion Christians? And here I was told Muslims will outbreed Christian civilisation.

I wasn't defending those Saudi soccer players. It is disgraceful what they did.

20. luutzu

luutzu

It is about money. But that's why certain terror suspects are let loose out among the plebs.

The lefty hippie commies might think they're let out because of these laws and judicial procedures and judge and stuff. But not really. I mean it's that too, but come on... how else are you going to justify removing civil liberties, remove their hard-won rights to privacy, get the silent nod from them to go wage wars that costs the lives of their (poor) young, hundreds of billions in welfare cheques a year to the military-surveillance-industrial complex?

Certain real danger must be seen and felt to be believe.

Yea, I wish I just made all that up.